RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Nosiy PSU fan

scorpi2ok2

I have a Gen 8 for a year now and I have a noise problem with the PSU fan.

i'm trying  to find a good example of a fan that can be used to replace the stock one.  I'm looking for recommendations for a good and silent PSU fan.

Can someone recommend a good fan?

If it's under warranty you should get the entire PSU replaced. If not you can buy an extended warranty and get the entire PSU replaced. Not sure how legal that option is, although I have seen it work many times in the enterprise world. Call HP and ask them about it.

no recommendations?

Another issue is my system fan that is running at 19% all the time..

Screen_Shot_2015_10_19_at_19_10_17.png

Screen_Shot_2015_10_19_at_19_10_27.png

Edited by scorpi2ok2

The original PSU fan is a 12v 40mm x 25mm, which is pretty standard size - you can use either a 3 or 4 wire fan to replace it.

It won't have a standard connector in the PSU, so you will need to cut and rejoin the red and black wires. The other fan wires can just be taped away (or cut off)

Be careful in the PSU though; there are high voltages stored in the capacitors that will persist even after power off. If you are unsure, you could ask the local TV repair shop to do it for you...

the B120i controller is activated in raid mode but  I don't have a HDD connected. I am using an IBM ServeRAID M1015 controller.