RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
TeeeBear

"Size" vs. "Size on Disk"

TeeeBear

The C:\Users\MediaStreamingAdmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft folder shows 2.98gb size, but 11.4gb size on disk. Within the folder (with hidden files turned on) there are two more folders; "Caches" and "GameExplorer" which both appear to be empty, and one 256kb .dat file. Can anyone explain what's going on? 

This is a 60gb SSD with only 6gb available so I'm getting low disk space errors. The other day, I had removed some things and was up to ~15gb available, now all of a sudden I'm back to low disk space again. :/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• GRichards
      By GRichards
      We installed a new modem from CenturyLink ( Model C1100Z) and when trying to reconnect to remote web site, I get an error saying that the UPnP is not enable or the modem does not support the UPnP, I have also enable the port forwarding for the specific ports and ensure that the UPnP was enabled. I contacted tech support from CenturyLink and told me that their end was good and nothing should be stopping it from working. I was wondering if there is a work around for this issue.
    • TheJason
      By TheJason
      I've been successfully backing up the C: partition of my Surface Pro to my Server2012E for about a week now.  But, I haven't tried to restore it yet.  Has anybody tried this using a recovery boot usb key?  How well has it worked?
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      One of my HTPC's that starts to the MS account (N40L running Windows 10 Pro)  -- the Launch Pad would Load & Log in OK but the icon's are not visible (i.e. Backup, Remote, Shared Folders, Dashboard) but everything worked and from my WHS2011 it was backing up OK etc -- I was going to mess with it when I had a block of spare time then I noticed that another of my PC's that also starts up to another MS account (Z68 with i5 running Windows 10 Pro) started showing a blank Launch Pad also!  
      Has one of the W10 updates trashed this?  
      Anyone else experiencing the same?

What the french Toast!
    • E3000
      By E3000
      Hey guys, I'm new around here... In fact quite new(ish) to the whole home server scene ;-)

I have a G7 N54L running WHS2011 and planning to upgrade to Gen8 G1610T. I currently use my home server to share files between various devices around the house, for Plex media streaming/transcoding, and also to backup a few PCs.

I am quite happy with WHS2011 but as its a bit old and official support ends next year (I believe?) as well as my license being tied to the N54L, I'm thinking over which OS to use for Gen8. What I have seen and read about WS2012 seems like it's more complex than WHS2011 but it should be similar if I use it the same way...right? Would I be better off with OMV, FreeNAS, Xpenology, etc? Are they good for backing up and restoring PCs? Cost of OS is not really an issue as I have a friend who has Dreamspark access :-)

I'd also like the possibility of setting up my own VPN, hosting an IRC egg/bot, http server maybe in the future, or at least play around with such...

So what do you guys suggest?
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      I haven't found anything on the internet to enable me to put two SkyDrive Accts on WHS2011 so I thought I'd ask here for ideas...............

I have installed my personal SkyDrive Acct onto WHS2011 as PCDoc outlined in: SkyDrive on WHS 2011-One install is all you need but I would also like to backup/sweep my wife's SkyDrive Acct also onto WHS2011

The only solution I have tought of is to add her account to a VM or even my HTPC and use Allway Sync to move those files to a folder in my pictures directory on WHS2011.