RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sophos Firewall with Fios

okhomer

Hello all.  I am getting ready to install a Sophos firewall into my setup.  I have Fios and I understand and already ran a network cable to my ONT.  My question is I use MCE for my TV and so I don't use their boxes.  Would I still need to have my Verizon router still in the mix since I don't use any of their service IE, VOD and guide data?  Thanks.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.  I am getting ready to install a Sophos firewall into my setup.  I have Fios and I understand and already ran a network cable to my ONT.  My question is I use MCE for my TV and so I don't use their boxes.  Would I still need to have my Verizon router still in the mix since I don't use any of their service IE, VOD and guide data?  Thanks.

Nick

If its FiOs internet only then know but I would clone the WAN MAC address of there router, If you have there TV service then you need there router first inline and you need to sit behind them with your router. What I did was hang Sophos off there router on the DMZ, Not the best but it works great for me and Verizon supports this type of configuration.