RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mysticgeek

Any Guitar Players Here?

StanHD

Wow, Leslies, that brings it all back. That great whirring and whooshing sound as the speakers spin in the cabinets. :)

usacomp2k3

I'm like Dave, have an Epiphone but don't pull it out all that often any more. I played in college some.

dvn

Wow, Leslies, that brings it all back. That great whirring and whooshing sound as the speakers spin in the cabinets. :)

Yes. Classic sound that got better the more the tubes were overdriven. Early rock keyboardists loved to run Hammond B3's through Leslies. But I won't be buying a new one any time soon. I checked, and the prices have tripled/quadrupled since I bought my first.

hightechaddict

Not a guitar player here, tried like heck as a teen/young adult and found that I simply cannot count playing the guitar among my gifts. I have been a part of the various music "scenes" over the years as a hanger on, band manager and occasional promoter. My dad plays a ton and has a Martin 12 string acoustic that has a sound I could listen to for days.

Also a HUGE metal/hard rock guy, and Rock Band fanatic. I sing and have done well in a couple of pretty large RB competitions, and play drums (even went as far as getting the ION kit, and and modifying it to suit me better) and look forward to trying my hand at keyboards when Rock Band 3 comes out in October.

Any other metalheads aside from me and Mysticgeek? Maybe we should start a new thread on that ...