RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mysticgeek

Any Guitar Players Here?

mysticgeek

I am a huge rock/metal fan. I play guitar both acoustic and electric and sometimes bass. Just curious if there are any other guitarists in the HSS community?

Removed

I am a fan but don't play unless you count Rockband. I do take my daughter for lessons every Saturday, she has been going for about 14 months. She has an Ibanez Micro.

Dave

I have a Takamine acoustic that I had made for me when I lived in Japan for two years. I rarely get it out anymore so that tells you I'm an amateur at it.

i-bystander

I do, although I haven't really played in a while - my fingertips are starting to soften up. :(

Acoustic, electric, bass, drums, and vocals.

StanHD

Oh dear, yep, I'm in this one too. sad.gif

1992 Fender Strat + with Lace Sensors

Parker Fly Deluxe (Carbon fibre neck)

Yamaha accoustic.

Sigh, too many hobbies rolleyes.gif

i-bystander

Yamaha accoustic.

Which one do you like better, Stan? The Strat or the Fly? I've always wanted a Parker, but I can't justify the cost...

StanHD

Which one do you like better, Stan? The Strat or the Fly? I've always wanted a Parker, but I can't justify the cost...

Well the Strat makes a great sound through a "proper" amp, but I got the Fly because it's super light and when you play a gig for a couple of hours straight then that's a real bonus. I use a Boss GT6 so the sounds are all "processed" anyway thus negating the slightly thin sound from the Parker.

Another really great benefit is the ability to send the built in Piezo pickup direct to the PA mixed with the processed sound from the coil pickups through the GT-6. I play in a duo with midi drums and strings so this really fattens up the overall sound.

Blimey you got me going there I think ......... probably too much information, sorry!

mysticgeek

All I have now is an Alvarez RD-20SC and an ESP LTD that I have added Duncan Pickups and locking tuners to. For now I only have a Cube 30 practice amp. Man I used to have an original Block Letter EVH Peavey 5150, replaced the tubes and it sounded great...heavy anyway. The clean is terrible on it.

Anyway, I had to sell it at a time of financial difficulty. That was very hard to do. I just sold the head and still have the cab.

I am looking at the Bugera line of heads now. They are reasonably affordable tube amps. Anyone ever played through one?

linearg

I have a Levinson Blade Texas Special. It is an awesome "Strat" copy made in Switzerland. It probably the best guitar I've owned. Use to play in a band, now just for my enjoyment.

dvn

Yamaha accoustic.

Ha! My brother bought a Parker Fly blem about 8 years ago. Lightest guitar I've ever held. Nice sound and action. No, I'm not a guitar player, per se, but I manage to hold down a rhythm. My thing is keyboards/synths. I've had some nice ones over the years but I've sold or given away all but one. A couple of wooden Leslie amps - 145 + 147, too. One of those and a Korg CX-3 were a pretty sweet combination. Whoa, I see Korg has a CX-3 version 2! I may have to buy one.