RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need guidance with Newegg Help; they say one thing than do another

Rod at home

I'm trying to order a replacement battery for my daughter's HP laptop. I got onto Newegg's website, searched for the replacement part. It said very clearly, "Free Shipping". I added it to the shopping cart and then went to buy it.

And then they added $5.99 ship?!

What the heck is going on? How can they simultaneously say, "Free Shippping" and then add $5.99 ship? I don't trust anyone who lies to me like that. What else might they lie about, if they say one thing and then do the exact opposite? I tried to find a way to seek help, but the only help I can find it how to track orders, return items, etc. Nothing at all where I can actually POST a question to ask them why they do one thing, lead me along, and then do the exact opposite. Does anyone know how to actually contact someone there with an email, phone call, enter text into an online form, carrier pigeon, whatever it takes to get through to them?

What is the part number you are ordering?

Did it say 'Free Shipping' under the price or 'Free Shipping Available' above the price?

It says. "Free Shipping"

Here's the URL:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=HP+SPARE+593554-001&N=-1&isNodeId=1

The second one on that list from USABattery1776. It very clearly says "Free Shipping" there. If its never free shipping then it should never say it is, no matter what page it shows up on.

I did not see that link at all, and believe me I tried to find it.

Well, "technically" it does say "Free Shipping Available".  There must be some qualification you need to meet.

curious... I put one of those in my cart and it said shipping $0. when I added the zip code and recomputed the only option available was a paid shipping. Federal Trade Commission?

Thank you everyone for your help. I've chatted with them. After that and making a more thourough search I don't think Newegg has a replacement battery. I've found it on Amazon.

It says. "Free Shipping"

Here's the URL:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=HP+SPARE+593554-001&N=-1&isNodeId=1

The second one on that list from USABattery1776. It very clearly says "Free Shipping" there. If its never free shipping then it should never say it is, no matter what page it shows up on.

I did not see that link at all, and believe me I tried to find it.

It does say Free shipping on the first sort page from your link. When you click on the item it shows as Free Shipping Available. the same thing happens to me on Amazon. Many items are marked free shipping, but it is only free if you have Amazon Prime. I have NewEgg Premier, so I do get free shipping on everything.

I will say this is the first time I have seen this issue on NewEgg, I assume that it has something to do with this product being fulfilled by someone other than NewEgg.

Have you brought this to the attention of anyone at NewEgg? They have always been very responsive to me.

You can email chat or call from this page:

http://kb.newegg.com/ContactUs/emailus

Yes schoondoggy, that's the issue to me. On the first results page, it clear says "Free Shiping" and only "Free Shipping". It should never change mid way through the process. That's misleading.

I've contacted them by chat and showed them the problem. I gave them the same link so they could see what I was talking about. They apologized for it and said that sometimes the third party companies send from oversees. So I spent some more time at it. Couldn't find anything that exactly matched it (almost, but not quite). So I went elsewhere. I went to Amazon and found a better match. We'll see what happens later this week.