RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
flipper

Xpenology on Gen8

CaptainFred

Yes manuel update with pat file

Envoyé de mon LG-D855 en utilisant Tapatalk

Did you install XPenology in the same way as I did with bootable usb of the img file etc?

flipper

I am on esxi on a VM but it should be the same I guess

hlpoob

I have a q related to this... how do i format my current xpenology setup so i can begin anew?

hlpoob

I have a q related to this... how do i format my current xpenology setup so i can begin anew?

Nevermind. Wiped the hd instead.

flipper

I tried some configurations in test and I was wondering if it i sinteresting, in terms of performance, to mount a small Volume one disk, on xpenology, from the SSD drive, to install the applications. Is it worth ? 

I tried it and a strange thing is that I allocated a 10Gb vmdk to my vm and I only get 5Gb in xpenology. Is it normal ? 

Do you recommend separating the partition with dsm applications and the data partition ? 

Thanks for your help

LoneWolf

Server/desktop Linux is very good at moving between hardware. It is embedded Linux images such as DSM that may be difficult but that is down to the necessary drivers for your new hardware not being bundled in the stripped down firmware to save space.

Kind of. The heatsink is rated for 35W so you are exceeding it when using a 45W TDP CPU. The new SKU i3 Microserver has exactly the same hardware except for the CPU obviously and a new uprated 55W heatsink which is significantly larger, in two sections and has a heatpipe joining the sections.

That said, I'm running my Microserver with a 1265Lv2 with the stock 35W heatsink and I've not noticed any problems at all. It is still on the default cooling profile as well.

GotNoTime, do you (or anyone here for that matter) know the HP part number for that 55w heatsink?

GotNoTime

GotNoTime, do you (or anyone here for that matter) know the HP part number for that 55w heatsink?

832667-001

flipper

What network transferts speed do you get on Xpenology on ESXi ? Is it decent for 1Gbt connexion ?