RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
flipper

Xpenology on Gen8

sal

Did you download it from the internet? If so hardly a test of the LAN. Try to just copy a large file from your PC/Laptop to/from a file share on the Xpenology instead.

flipper

I tested on the internet....I'll try later with the computer or another nas. Thks for your tip

flipper

Finally, I managed to install the update 4, I just rebooted the xpenology and retried. It worked.

CaptainFred

Under minimal load, the fan is 15% and iLO claims the CPU is 40C. I've never seen the CPU temperature reading go below 40C but it does go higher so I don't think a stable 40C is an accurate reading for no/low CPU load. Inlet is 19C and exhaust is 39C. I do have a P222 card installed.

HP PN #832667-001

Is it still fanless in the model that it comes with?

Finally, I managed to install the update 4, I just rebooted the xpenology and retried. It worked.

Thats odd!!! As sal mentioned it's not official Synology so wouldn't expect updates to work

Did you do anything else but reboot and update?

Edited by CaptainFred

flipper

I installed update 1, and then rebboted, and installed update 4 from the configuration panel directly.....sorry I was not clear

CaptainFred

I installed update 1, and then rebboted, and installed update 4 from the configuration panel directly.....sorry I was not clear

Using the pat file? Did you do a manual update pointing to the update 1 pat file then?

Edited by CaptainFred

sal

Is it still fanless in the model that it comes with?

Yes, it just have more surface area to dissipate heat, thanks to the 2nd heat sink connected with the heat pipe. Server don't usually have active cooling on their heat sinks as it completely screws the air flow. Instead they relay on ducts and intake/exhaust fans.

In any case this seems impossible to find in UK, so i will take my chances with the original rated at 35W TDP, I don't expect heavy loads non-stop and mainly got the Xeon as future proof as they are already hard to find now, let alone a year down the line should i need more CPU power. 

• Like 1

flipper

Using the pat file? Did you do a manual update pointing to the update 1 pat file then?

Yes manuel update with pat file

Envoyé de mon LG-D855 en utilisant Tapatalk