RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

A few setup questions

CaptainFred

When I make these changes in ilo it says it needs to be "reset" to take affect.... how do you do that? it's bad terminalogy imo, because really it means "restart" doesn't it.... reset could mean reset to factory defaults!

Did find this... http://www.thevirtualway.it/2014/05/hp-ilo-how-to-reset-from-command-line/

Edited by CaptainFred

When I make these changes in ilo it says it needs to be "reset" to take affect.... how do you do that?

Information -> Diagnostics

Factory reset is done via the console utility that prompts you at startup.

it's bad terminalogy imo, because really it means "restart" doesn't it.... reset could mean reset to factory defaults!

The reset button on your PC doesn't reset it to factory defaults *shrug* Edited by GotNoTime

Information -> Diagnostics

Factory reset is done via the console utility that prompts you at startup.

The reset button on your PC doesn't reset it to factory defaults *shrug*

Yes I know I don't want to reset it to factory defaults, it says it needs a reset after I've made some config changes to ilo.

Going back to my above questions....

Please can you let me know how I tell I'm in RAID, AHCI or Legacy mode? See pictures above... it's not clear as they all say "Enable"

Thanks

Yes I know I don't want to reset it to factory defaults, it says it needs a reset after I've made some config changes to ilo.

I know. I'm telling you that the reset iLO button is on Information -> Diagnostics in the web GUI but if you did you want to factory reset then you can do it via the text setup utility that appears on the console at startup.

Please can you let me know how I tell I'm in RAID, AHCI or Legacy mode? See pictures above... it's not clear as they all say "Enable"

It is a multiple choice selection. It isn't 3 different toggles for each mode. Whatever mode you pick is the one enabled. It will show it in the small box in the lower left corner also.

from your screenshot I can tell you that you are in RAID mode.

Thanks. How can you tell? I obviously have that one highlighted...