RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

MS Gen8 on Linux temp sensors

scorpi2ok2

Hello,

have anyone managed to make all the sensors work on linux?

I updated all my drivers and all the firmware and still can't make some sensors work.

sensors.PNG

4, 8 and 10 appear when you install a supported HP Smart Array RAID controller such as the P222.

13 appears only in Windows as it is a feature of the Windows driver. The Linux driver doesn't support it.

I added a HDD on the B120i Controller  and how I have the HD Max sensor active but the fan is stuck at 50%...

Can someone advice?

1 - Copy.PNG

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

ipmitool just displays the SDRs. You still need the Windows NIC driver and the other hardware for all the temperature sensors to work.

I added a HDD on the B120i Controller  and how I have the HD Max sensor active but the fan is stuck at 50%...

If you have the latest BIOS and iLO firmware then there isn't much else you can do. The only control you have over the fan is the cooling profile in the BIOS settings but that is more of a hint for the iLO management processor. It doesn't enforce a speed limit.

What other hardware/sensors?

If you need disk temperatures use smartctl -a and get it from the SMART attributes or hdparm -H (the latter only works on HGST drives).

What other hardware/sensors?

The ones listed in the first post. HD Max, Supercap Max, PCI 1 and LOM. Supercap Max is the supercap pack that is connected to the FBWC module on a Smart Array card. PCI 1 is the sensor on the Smart Array card. LOM needs the Windows driver. Edited by GotNoTime

I just disabled the SmartArray controller, and have the ports set to straight AHCI mode. ZFS is an infinitely better solution than traditional RAID.

Not sure what HD Max is, if it is the disk temperature I answered that above.

For the LOM, if the data is available from the ILO CLI, you should able to easily enough write an expect script to retrieve it.

I just disabled the SmartArray controller, and have the ports set to straight AHCI mode. ZFS is an infinitely better solution than traditional RAID.

Not sure what HD Max is, if it is the disk temperature I answered that above.

For the LOM, if the data is available from the ILO CLI, you should able to easily enough write an expect script to retrieve it.

scorpi2ok2 was asking how to make the missing sensors that are listed as "Not installed" appear in iLO when running Linux. He wasn't asking how to view them in Linux.

The LOM temperature sensor only appears under Windows if you have the drivers installed. It doesn't work at all under Linux.