RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

NTDS ISAM error in the logs daily since performing image restore of server after a SATA card failure for single SSD HDD for OS drive.

ToddJFRfan

Ever since performing a server recovery from backup on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials last year after a SATA card failure, the following error message appears daily in the Event Viewer and is emailed to me in the health reports.

Critical Errors in Event Logs in Last 24 Hours
Yellow NTDS ISAM
Event ID: 399
NTDS (492) NTDSA: The database page read from the file "C:\Windows\NTDS\ntds.dit" at offset 24576 (0x0000000000006000) (database page 2 (0x2)) for 8192 (0x00002000) bytes failed verification. Bit 36995 was corrupted and has been corrected. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware and may continue. Transient failures such as these can be a precursor to a catastrophic failure in the storage subsystem containing this file. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.
Last occurrence: Sunday, October 4, 2015 3:41:46 PM
Total occurrences: 25

I've contacted Intel who manufactures the SSD drive for the OS. There is no RAID and it is only a single drive. The server hardware is a HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 MicroServer Server System Intel Pentium G2020T 2.5GHz like the one here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859108029

Intel suggested using their utility to check the health of the drive, however, it is not compatible with Windows Server 2012 R2. I would need to connect the drive to another Windows system like Windows 7 to test the SSD drive for problems.

Any idea what this error could be and how to correct it? I've search diligently on Microsoft forums with no success.

Thank you.
Edited by ToddJFRfan