RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

WHS V1, PP3 - Lost Software\Homeserver Connect software folder

sitsekson

Hi,

I have an HP E485, PP3 with all the updates.  It's working fine, but something happened over the last year when my folder containing files for the connector has disappeared from the Software folder.  I have one Win 7 64 bit PC with connector installed and working and that's it.  All of the new computers with Win 7 I couldn't install it due to the lack of install files. 

I searched the internet and found the WHSconnector.msi and WHSconnector_x64.msi files dated 1/10/2011.  however all other files in the folder setup.exe, WHSconnctorinstall.exe etc. are dated 10/7/2009.  So if i ran an install, i get an error after it asks me to enter password.  BTW, it shows me the correct password tip that i have setup years earlier.  When i run troubleshooter, it tells me that the version of the connector i am trying to use is different than the version installed on the WHS server.  Attached, please 

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Alexander

Thanks for your input.  When you go to "http://servername:55000/", you actually running a setup.exe from the "Software" folder on the server which looks for WHSconnector.msi and WHSconnector_x64.msi.  Since these files were found on Microsoft website (the originals perished somehow) or whatever other reasons, i get an error message when entering the password.  The connector troubleshooter tells me that the version of connector installed and the one running on the server are different versions.  I have checked and all the windows updates on the server are installed.  I wonder if anybody can send me their msi files so that i can give them a try.  Unless anybody has any other ideas.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, distributing the files is technically illegal. :(

And you're right, the website links to d:\shares\software\home server connector software specifically...

• Like 1

I downloaded files from friends server where everyhting is working correctly.  I fully uninstalled both connector software and media center from the client. Then i went through the registry and removed all traces of WHS or Windows Home Server, etc.  Ran through the "http://servername:55000/" , downloaded the software, ran through the setup to no avail.  Same error message.

Later i found more advise on the issue with adding system32 folder to the environmental variable and make sure that Makecert.exe file is there. Did all that - no luck, still the same error.

If it's the same error, a reinstall may be the best fix, unfortunately.

Aside from that, I'm not sure.