BUILD DATE:  March 31, 2016
EFFECTIVE DATE:  March 31, 2016

DESCRIPTION:   Firmware for the Hewlett Packard Enterprise
               iLO 4 Management Controller

LAST RECOMMENDED OR CRITICAL VERSION: 2.40

PREVIOUS VERSION: 2.40

UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS: RECOMMENDED

Users should update to this firmware version if their system is
  affected by one of the documented fixes or if there is a desire to utilize any
  of the enhanced functionality provided by this version.

FIRMWARE DEPENDENCY:

For best performance, IPv6 support, and TLS v1.1 or later support, 
  Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends upgrading to the latest versions of the iLO 
  utilities:

• HPQLOCFG 1.5.0 (replaced CPQLOCFG)
  • Lights-Out XML Scripting Sample 4.80 bundle
  • HPONCFG 4.7.0.0 (Windows)
  • HPONCFG 4.6.0-0 (Linux)
  • LOCFG.PL 4.80 (included in the Lights-Out XML Scripting Sample bundle)
  • HPLOMIG 4.80 (upgrade HPLOMIG before installing this version of iLO 4)

KNOWN ISSUES: None

Fixes:
This release is based on the 2.40 iLO 4 FW Release and contains all the fixes and enhancements included in that version.   
Also included in this release:
 • Added a new RIBCL command "FORCE_FORMAT" that enables the recovery of the 4 GB embedded non-volatile storage (NAND Flash) if it is not available.  iLO resets automatically afterward for this operation to take effect.  If using Intelligent   Provisioning, then it will need to be reinstalled. This change is added to help in special cases that require this to fix a problem and a list of symptoms can be found below.  This is a limited release and availability is limited.  This will   be not web-released.
– Symptoms
8192 Self-Test Error reported
Errors while applying OneView profiles
Can’t extract Active Health System
Intelligent Provisioning doesn’t load when F10 is pressed 

iLO 4 page still shows 2.40

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5228286&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4168

2.42 - see the link

https://git.kaarsemaker.net/python-hpilo/commit/2f635b47c558de1cc2d905c10cc1e9d9cdf6e156/

Open with 7-zip

Upgraded & it seems to be fine (but I use it very little)

Edited by sebus05

If you're on 2.40 already and it works then there is no need to apply 2.42. the force_format option added in 2.42 is for a problem I had when updating to 2.40 on my original microserver. The update corrupted the internal iLO flash and there was no way to correct it. 2.42 adds this extra option.

As noted by HP, this isn't a general release firmware.

One of my microserver's got corrupted updating to 2.40 also

and was giving all sorts of errors in the log

i managed to fix after doing loads of spp's / resets / rollbacks / roll forwards

whats the procedure to format the nand and start from scratch

i think that would be a safe bet for me

Edited by Shonk

I, too, have some weird behaviour out of my Gen8. For a few weeks now, it's no longer reporting temps in HWiNFO. Then it started taking a little longer on the restarts. Now I wanted to log into Intelligent Provisioning... it's been more than 10 mins since I pressed F10 and it's still "loading".

The iLo version has been 2.40 ever since late winter - early spring, the update went with no issues. Or so I though.

Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?

Thanks.

PS: also, logging into iLo on my PC takes a couple of mins. In the past it used to be more or less instant.

Edited by korby

Status update: it took me 4-5 tries to actually get into IP. Now that I'm in, it took me about 10 minutes to get those first 3-4 steps - this usually took a few moments, now everything works very, very slowly. I chose the firmware update option, now it's been stuck for almost 10 mins, doing nothing. And to top things off, I can't even log into iLo from my PC.

Help?

Status update: it took me 4-5 tries to actually get into IP. Now that I'm in, it took me about 10 minutes to get those first 3-4 steps - this usually took a few moments, now everything works very, very slowly. I chose the firmware update option, now it's been stuck for almost 10 mins, doing nothing. And to top things off, I can't even log into iLo from my PC.

Help?

Have you reset the ILO? Basically rebooting it. Other option is to shut down the server, unplug from power for a few minutes...

Have you reset the ILO? Basically rebooting it. Other option is to shut down the server, unplug from power for a few minutes...

I tried rebooting and stopping the server, but not unplugging it for a few mins. I'll give it a go later this evening, thanks for the tip.

I did try an older SPP - I can now log into iLo, but the other things aren't working or are very very slow.

Wait! (slow reply :D) How do I reset the iLO?