RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New SPP and firmware ?

scorpi2ok2

Not sure which one you are using, but the .NET one works fine still for me after update to 2.30

I was using the standalone .NET one. I would get an error saying the remote end has forcibly closed the connection. I'll test it again tonight. I reset iLO and powercycled the entire box.

We should be able to use non ecc with the new bios..

doesnt work, tried it last night.

i3-3220T with ECC memory works fine on new firmware. When I put in a non-ECC memory stick, it doesn't get past the "memory and qpi init" part of POST.

I have a i3-3240 here that I might try tonight once everyone has gone home.

Edited by snapper

i'm not convinced those i3's are not ecc capable.

ARK used to say they were ECC capable but then it was changed. no-one seems to have found out why.

I manage a client machine that has a i3-3220T installed. According to ARK, this is a non-ECC CPU but iLO seems to suggest ECC is working...

• Like 1

I have a Gen8 with an i3 3225 which doesn't officially support ECC but as posted HSS Pro, the server will not boot without ECC. I speculate the BIOS is configured to require it as part of the BIOS Post, though the CPU will not use\address the additional bits present in an ECC module.

-Steve

I have a i3-3240 here that I might try tonight once everyone has gone home.

I have now tried the i3-3240 with 4 makes of non-ECC ram and it doesn't POST. Works right away with ECC ram.

I personally think ARK is wrong and these i3's are ECC capable...

Standalone .NET one is still fine for me..

I just tried iLO 2.30 again and still get the same result.

WXAvULC.png

I'll try doing a complete reset to defaults on iLO.

Standalone .NET one is still fine for me..

I've worked out what it is. I have the "Enforce AES/3DES Encryption" option enabled in Administration -> Security -> Encryption. Turning it off makes the remote console work again with iLO 2.30. HP did some security + encryption related changes in iLO 2.30 which seems to have broken the standalone + mobile remote console apps when the better encryption option is enabled. iLO4 2.30 release notes. Edited by GotNoTime