RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

32 GB now feasible ? 708643-B21

jsc

Hi,

according to the HP website this RAM module - HP 32GB (1x32GB) Quad Rank x4 PC3-14900L (DDR3-1866) Load Reduced CAS-13 Memory Kit (708643-B21) is compatible with the microserver.

To quote the website: "Designed for the ML10v2, ML310eV2 Gen8, and MicroServer Gen8."

http://www8.hp.com/emea_africa/en/products/proliant-workstation-blades/product-detail.html?oid=5410605

Did anyone dare testing this?

It's a bit on the pricey side, but if this gives 32 (or 64) GB of RAM to the microserver then...it might be worth the money.

Thanks!

Well normally I would but 32gb sticks are a bit beyond my budget...

Can someone check the specs on it though, I dont think it'll work, especially given a few people on here (me included) have tried a few different 16Gb sticks and had no joy...

yes it's a LRDIMM and the gen8 specs/docs are not up to date, but on the website they specifically mention that it's designed for the microserver gen8

It'd be kind of weird coming out with such statement if it's not supported.

Do you know anyone in HP that could confirm this? Spending about ~700 euro just for a test is a no-go..

What's new
  • Introducing HP 4GB (1x4GB) Single Rank x4 PC3-12800E (DDR3-1600).
  • Designed for the ML10v2, ML310eV2 Gen8, and MicroServer Gen8.
Edited by jsc

I thought the chipset was 32Gb?

Yes, but that is 8GB per memory slot. You cant get to 32GB on a MS because it only has two memory slots.