RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
E3000

Server OS for HP Gen8

E3000

Yes there is only 1 internal USB.

I presume that the second end of the cable simply takes power from another USB port to power up older drives that need more juice....

I think if the ODD is a BD burner it might need both USB...

Trig0r

Quite probable, I know a lot of people that run a Surface Pro have issues with USB BD drives...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Sug7
      By Sug7
      Hi Guys,

New member here, some great info on this forum so hopefully a few of you have experience with the Intel E3-1260L CPU running in a HP Microserver Gen8? 

I know for sure it will work as I’ve seen some good threads on here but can anyone tell me if the upgrade made a noticeable difference in the fan speeds and noise?  

Im looking at putting two Gen8’s in a living room in place of an old N54L so cautious of too much noise..

• Sokoban
      By Sokoban
      Hi
      I have problem to rebuilding a disk for Windows Server 2016 Essentials  C:\ disk. I have replace a disk with same diskspace (160GB) and running with RAID1. 
      Have restart the server and have select F2 for rebuilding and the server wont rebuild the disk, I have now got the same message, 

776 Logical Drive 1 is queued for rebuilding.

Where can I found the logfiles for troubleshooting ? and what can I do further with that problem  ?

Thanks in advance 😉
      Sokoban

• rubenbb
      By rubenbb
      Hi all,

I have a HP Microserver Gen 8 upgraded to Xeon E3 1265 v2, 16Gb RAM, SSD 256 Gb on the ODD Port and 2 x 3 TB WD RED disks

In the SSD I have an ESXi 6.5 U2 (HP custom image) version installed (driver downgraded to 5.5.088 from 5.5.102) and the WD Disks are in RAID 1 for datastore of vmware related files

I just bought a HP 410 Raid Controller with 1gb FWBC and battery 

I did read a lot about this subject, I know that isn't possible to be monitored by ILO 4....but I would like if someone can confirm me my thoughts about how to made this migration

1) Plug HP410 on the mobo
      2) Connect Cable used in the disks WD to the lower port of the P410
      3) Connect ODD cable used for the SSD Disk in the upper port of the p410
      4) Turn On microserver and enter in the SSA and check if arrays created in the b120i are visible for the p410
      5) If is OK, restart

Questions:
      - I have that to do something for to boot the SSD that has ESXi installation when boot up server?
      - Driver 5.5.088 hpvsa will see the datastores on the p410 without no action from my side?
      - Must I disable b120i on bios or is possible co-live with the P410

It'll be very apreciated the help 
    • Laris
      By Laris
      Hi all,

Now I share my extreamly mod for your reference

• skinfreak
      By skinfreak
      Hi there,
      Over the many years of using the Gen8 there always seems to be some problem!! ;-)

I have Windows 10 Pro install to a HDD in the ODD. The 4 3TB drives in the other bays, configured via Storage Spaces. BIOS set to AHCI and I have made use of the usb boot key to map the boot to the ODD bay. All has been resonably well for well over a year however I was never able to get Windows to update. Now I'm getting warnings that the software will be unsupported and have tried several times to do an upgrade but frequently get errors such as the installer cannot detect how much space is availble. I think that's because of the USB key.

I don't want to go back to square one and reinstall if I cannot help it but has anyone else experienced this? I seem to recall having problems with using the B120i but cannot for the life of me remember why I stopped using it... but I know that changing to Legacy SATA should remove the need for the USB boot mapping.

Thanks!

Project Fi now accepts iPhone!