RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Help! Cant find HHD in windows

Streaming

I finally have got windows 8.1 installed on my Gen8, after hours of effort and quite a lot of swearing at the HP website, but I can't see my 3Tb disk in disk manager.

My OS is on a SSD and I've got 1 3tb red set up as raid 0. Were have i gone wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Where do you have the SSD installed and are you using AHCI or B120i for the disk controller?

Windows 8 is not a supported OS, so I would not expect HP to be of much help. There are several threads in this forum on the topic of running Windows 8 on the MicroServer.

Hi, thanks for replying. I am using B120i. I followed the treads but ran into a few difficulties, like when installing Windows it wouldnt make a a partition. So ending up going through install os option option.

Thought when the OS was install it would be plain sailing, spent 7 hours on it to get to this point :(

More on my 1st attempts. When I got to the screen when it finds your SSD, it was there, i installed the drivers (which took me ages to find the right one on HP website) but then when it can to moving on came up this the error report of not being able to partition the disk.

Apologies, only got 3hours sleep from trying to get my gen8 to work! I'm sure it will be worth it!