RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Home Media Server

Hodge725

• 4 months later...

Looks good to me. Only modification I would consider is looking at a mobo with more onboard sata ports for future expansion. That doesn't matter though if you plan to get an expansion card.

Also I see u have Windows 10 as the OS. Are you using that as your server platform? I am curious as that is what I was planning f to use for my server os and wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good to me. Only modification I would consider is looking at a mobo with more onboard sata ports for future expansion. That doesn't matter though if you plan to get an expansion card.

Also I see u have Windows 10 as the OS. Are you using that as your server platform? I am curious as that is what I was planning f to use for my server os and wanted to hear your thoughts on it.

Well, specifically, I'd go with an ASRock Rack board, as these are server/workstation boards and are of better quality.

That said, if you want support for more drives, get and LSI HBA/RAID card, as you can chain 100+ drives off the one card with the proper hardware.