RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Radius Server Essentials R2

niguy

Hi

I v just setup a Radius server, i have configured the Radius server and my Access Point, both have been programmed with a shared key 1812 as the port etc etc, my problem is this, when i try to authenticate windows try's to verify my credentials only to pop the box up and try continuing the connection, I am shown a status of verifying and connecting and that's it, iam running windows 10 pro on my client laptops,  i never seem to get connected, iv looked at my logs on the server but they don't show anything or at least i cant find anything relevent to my issue, iv googled and googled but come up with nothing, any help would be great

thanks 

I tried to set up RADIUS between an access point and my server once and ran into some issues with the rules on the server.  I was getting conflicts between the rule I tried creating and the default rules on the server that were created as part of the Anywhere Access VPN.  I remember there being a way to get the server logs to show authentication requests and which rule allowed/blocked the request, but I don't recall how I got it to do that or what the names of the rules giving me trouble were.  I ended up deciding to shelve that project until I had a better handle on the rest of my network.

i have the following error in my server logs "A RADIUS message was received from the invalid RADIUS client IP address (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX external ip WAN ADDRESS) event 13, NPS

I have the following error in my server logs under the heading of Network Policy and Access Services....EVENT 13, NPS A RADIUS message was received from the invalid RADIUS client IP address (MY WAN ADDRESS)

I have attached screen shots of all my config for anyone to take a look at and maybe help with this.

NPS.png

connect policys.png

Event Log.png

network policys.png

nps screen 1.png