Microsoft has pushed out an update for all Windows Home Server 2011, SBS 2011, and Storage Server 2008 R2 users. If you would like to get the update immediately you can get to it via two methods.
1. Open the Dashboard and click Server Settings. Click change/install updates.
2. Click the Start button on the server and type update. Click Windows Updates.
Here is the Knowledge Base article specific to the Windows Home Server 2011 update. A quick summary of some of the issues resolved are:
You cannot register a Remote Web Access domain name that contains two or more root domain levels (such as testuser.com.uk).
In the Alert Viewer window, you select an alert, and then you click Ignore the alert to stop receiving notifications for this alert. However, the notifications still appear.
The Client Deployment Wizard fails with an authentication failure if one of the following conditions is true:
- The server password contains a backslash and a double quotation mark (\").
- The server password ends with a backslash (\).
- The server password contains a double quotation mark (") but does not end with a double quotation mark.
When the server and the clients are in an OpenDNS network environment, you cannot connect to the server or the clients through the Remote Web Access webpage.
System time and certificate issues
If you are looking for a fix for the media tag issue it’s not in the update. Microsoft has published a workaround on their wiki though.
Go get it!