The Home Server Show started as a podcast and blog about Windows Home Server and has grown to so much more. What has been behind this growth that includes the addition of the BYOB Podcast and a robust community of home server users who are willing to share their knowledge? The Home Server Show forums. The forums have become a compliment to the podcast and blog by allowing the community to interact and help suggest content for the Home Server Show and BYOB podcast. In the forums you can ask your questions, find answers to problems or simply find reassurance the hardware you are about to buy will work for the project you are trying to build.
So why would you want to join and become a member of the Home Server Show Forums?
As a guest in the forums you are limited to:
- View any of the forum posts excepted the protected or restricted forums.
- Review generic member profiles but unable to contact them.
- See basic active users and board statistics
Home Server Show forums registered members are granted access to:
- Create new forum topics for the Home Server Show, BYOB or any of the other forum sections.
- View and reply to forum topics and posts from other members.
- Turn on notifications for watched topics or forums so you can be notified when a new post is added
- Private messenger access to send and received messages with other members of the Home Server Show forums
- Market Place - Buy and Sell forum. As a member you are able to offer for sale your computer / technology related equipment.
- Additional statistics (members online today, which members have visited the site today, etc.)
- Live Chat
- Access to Off Topic Forum (ability to read posts, respond, or start new topics).
- Access to enter Contests and Give-a-way's
- (Coming Soon) Possible participation in Add-In Beta testing
- (Coming Soon) Download Add-Ins
Forum members who also donate to the Home Server Show are granted these additional benefits:
- Restricted forum access to Donating Member forum topics.
- Donating Member title on your profile
- Participate in helping make decisions on the look and feel of the Home Server Show forums
- The satisfaction of knowing that your monetary contribution is used to keep the lights on at the Home Server Show
So what is stopping you from joining our active community? Jump on over to the forums registration and get signed up. There is an active community of friendly people ready to lend a hand. Participate in the forums with your questions and answers and you just might end up being mentioned on an episode of the Home Server Show podcast.
So, let's hit the forums.
If you have any questions or problems getting registered on the Home Server Show forums you can contact us through this link.
by: CSKenney, HSS Forums Admin