I had the good fortune to test out Schoondoggy’s Pre-Production version of his SDM (Schoondoggy Drive Mount) that can be used to mount two additional 2.5” drives or one 3.5” drive inside the HP ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer next to the PSU. I have reviewed the Beta Test version of the SGDM (Schoondoggy Gen8 Drive Mount) in The Schoondoggy Gen8 Drive Mount for the HP ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer First Look last December, 2013.
I was convinced that the Beta SGDM was as nearly perfect as could be achieved but Schoondoggy proved me wrong by making 4 significant improvements that he incorporated into the Pre-Production version of the SDM:
- Tabs have been lengthened
- Tabs have been move down slightly to move the top of the SGDM/SDM to the Gen8 frame
- Screw slots in Tabs have been lengthened to allow for adjustment of SGDM/SDM placement next to the PSU
- Drive holes have been countersink
Read about it and check out the pictures at (message #70 in the Home Server Show Forums thread HP MS G8 2.5" Drive Bracket Prototype):
The As-Built for my Gen8:
- HP ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer Xeon E3-1265LV2
- 16GB ECC RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3E9SK2/16)
- OS: Windows Server 2012 Std
- OS Drive: OS Drive: HP Dynamic Smart Array B120i RAID Controller – Logical RAID0 Drive made with two (2) physical drives VelociRaptor WD1500HLHX
- Pre-Production: Schoondoggy Gen8 Drive Mount
Join us in the HSS Forums with any questions and/or comments on the above and other threads.