It might not be a surprise to readers of the Home Server Show Forums but HP has 'officially' released the news on the Gen8 Microserver as well as a couple more Small Business Servers.
The traffic in the forums has been intense for the last week and the topic was mostly the Gen8 Microserver. There were leaks, photos, specs, and more. The only thing missing was the price and availability. We have all of that now and a little more with HP's release of three new SMB Servers and accessories. Here are the three:
There is a lot more to this Microserver than what you are used to seeing. The server was designed for small business and those with 10 or less employees. It's a perfect complement for Windows Server 2012 Essentials and will no doubt find it's way into some server rooms in the home as well. (The exact specs of the new server is at the end of this post.)
Click each server for a HI-RES photograph.
The new microserver looks a little tall doesn't' it? That's the optional 8 port switch, the HP PS1810, that was purpose built for this platform. It also supports bonding, or link aggregation for the Microserver's two Ethernet ports. The server also has HP's iLO built in. This is HP's "Lights Out Essentials" which will give you remote control of the server
The ML310 is a step up in size with it's tower footprint and clearly aimed at small business.
The DL320 rack server is designed to go where others cannot with it's slim rack design.
The Home Server Show forum has a dedicated section for HP servers. Join today and discuss this great platform.
TheHP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 is available world wide immediately fora starting price of $449.
The HP ProLiant ML310e Gen8 v2 is expected to be available worldwide next month for a starting price of $869.
The HP ProLiant DL320e Gen8 v2 is available worldwide immediately for a starting price of $899.
- Easy Set up
- Cost Efficient
- Easy to set up and configure right out of the box
- Stacked, compact design looks as good as it works, and it emits little heat so you don’t have to hide it away in a back office
- Runs quietly in the background with operating noise level of just 21 dBA to handle all your network and storage needs. The PS1810 switch offers a fan-less design.
- Get all the power you need for fast, simultaneous access to files with an Intel® processor and 2GB of RAM (expandable to 16GB). The optional PS1810-8G switch supports “bonding” or “link aggregation” of the two Ethernet interfaces on the HP MicroServer – doubling data speeds to the HP MicroServer.
- Save on your energy bill—the low 150-watt power supply helps you do more with less power. Green networking features of the PS1810-8G save on the cost of your network infrastructure.Consolidate your business information into one central server to eliminate chaos and help usher in productivity, collaboration and security.
- Move files off individual hard drives and onto the company drive for centralized access toeverything you need to run your business
- Monitor and manage your server remotely with HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Essentials
- Control who has access to your files by setting up different levels of file permissions
- Keep your data protected under your own roof and not in a remote server farm or on individual PCs that are susceptible to viruses and malwareSeamless network connectivity increases simplicity and flexibility.
Integrated management with servers:– Compatible with purpose-built HP PS1810 series switches. The 8-port managed switch can be stacked on top of the server for a clean, elegant solution.– Single interface for monitoring status of all servers and switches in network. – Automatic discovery of HP ProLiant Gen8 servers on network.– Link to iLO management page for each server for advanced management
- High-speed reliable connection to HP MicroServer - Link Aggregation doubles data speeds
- Fanless design for quiet operation
- Lifetime warranty