One of the machines that I demonstrated at the Home Server Show Meet-up 2013 was an HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer running Windows 8 with an HDMI video card.
Parts List (as demonstrated at Meet-up 2013):
- HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer
- 16GB RAM: G.Skill 16GB F3-1333C9D-16GAO
- BIOS-Mod (I set Load Optimal Defaults in BIOS before enabling AMD SATA RAID feature and creating the RAID0 Volume in the MicroServer)
- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card ( 100292DDR3L)
- Blu-Ray/DVD Drive in ODD bay (plus: 18” data SATA cable and Molex to SATA power converter cable)
- CyberLink PowerDVD 13
- Two (2) WD1500HLHX HDD’s in Hardware RAID0 for OS Drive
- OS: Windows 8 Pro 64b
- Office 2013 Pro
- Two (2) ST3000DM001 HDD’s in Software RAID1 for Data Drive
- Planar PX2710MW (plus: 6’ HDMI cable)
- Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech K800 & Logitech Performance MX
You can read more about how I set this up including information on the performance of the RAID’s used for the OS and Data drives at Video & Sound Cards for N40L/N54L MicroServer.
Many thanks to members of the HSS Forum MicroServer who helped me find the video card to fit my needs.
Please join us in the HSS Forums with comments on the above and other threads.