Synology is hitting the ground running at CES 2013 by announcing DiskStation Manager 4.2 Beta. The beta is now available and HSS will be at the Synology booth on January 9th at 10AM to give you a first hand look. We will get more in depth and also be able to take your questions. We are also hoping to run into ioSafe and the new N2. Here are some of the highlights of what DSM 4.2 will bring.
Highlights of DiskStation Manager 4.2 Beta for your audience
– QuickConnect bypasses port forwarding for the upcoming DS Cloud, as well as DS photo+, DS file and DS audio.
– DS Cloud is introduced as the dedicated app for Cloud Station, allowing you to share the latest version of a file while on the go.
– Video Station – no longer requires a plug-in to play in the browser.
– Cloud Station 2 – Sync nearly unlimited shared shared folders for file sharing, for files up to 10GB.
– DS Photo+- now you can automatically upload your photos from your mobile device to your DiskStation.
We have also refined and added business features
– Now providing support for Amazon Glacier for affordable backup to cloud.
– Synology High Availability (SHA) is now available on all x86-based models Mail Server Enhancements.
– LUN Clone and LUN Snapshot help increase Admin productivity.
– Now x86 models are now VMware® vSphere™ 5 VAAI certified, as well as certified for Windows Server® 2012.
Read more about the new beta at Synology.com
Stay tuned to the Home Server Show live coverage of CES 2013. Use the CES 2013 link above to view the live feed and for the schedule.
Category: Windows Home Server