ioSafe teased us with partial images of their new product and they have finally released the goods to us! This is the ioSafe Rugged Portable.
Machined from a solid billet of aluminum or titanium it will house a traditional hard drive or SSD drive. It’s full suspension technology will help it survive drops to the concrete from up to 20 feet. USB 3 for speed and like other ioSafe drives it will survive immersion in water. It looks awesome and I can’t wait to see it in person. We will be meeting with ioSafe at CES 2011 and look forward to another destruction demo! If you need a recap on some of the fun we have had with ioSafe products check the links below. Full stats on the Rugged Portable below as well.
ioSafe® Rugged Portable + DRS
The Go-Anywhere™ Ultra Rugged Hard Drive + Data Recovery Service (DRS)
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on the web ioSafe.com
Data Recovery Service (DRS) and No-Hassle™ Warranty1
• 1 Year Data Recovery Service (DRS) included – one time, any reason, no questions asked
• 1 Year No-Hassle™ Warranty included – replacement or repair for any defects or damage
• DRS includes accidental deletion, any damage, disasters or hardware failure
• Up to $2500 included for third party forensic recovery service if needed for DRS (HDD versions)
• Up to $5000 included for third party forensic recovery service if needed for DRS (SSD versions)
• 3 and 5 year upgrades for DRS and No-Hassle™ Warranty plans available at www.iosafe.com
Construction and Physical Security Specifications
• Full Metal Jacket™ Technology – CNC machined enclosure from a solid billet of aluminum (Al) or titanium (Ti) alloy. Crush resistant to up to 5000 lbs (Ti) and
2500 lbs (Al) yet weighs as little as a pound (Al).
• Full Suspension Drive™ Technology – Full suspension in all six axis of motion. Optimized for data loss protection from drop and shock of 20’ drops (SSD version)
and 10’ drops (HDD version) onto concrete per MIL-STD-810G Method 516.5.
• HydroSafe™ Technology – Waterproof yet heat conducting barrier to protect against data loss up to 10’ for 3 days in fresh water or salt water (aluminum version)
or 30’ for 3 days (titanium version) per IP68. Protects data even when USB or FW plug is in. No requirement for a connector cap to retain data protection.
• ChemSafe™ Technology – Full immersion in diesel fuel, oils, hydraulic fluids, aircraft fuels, 12” depth for 1 hour with no data loss per MIL-STD-810G Method 504
• EnviroSafe™ Technology – Continuous exposure to UV, blowing sand, blowing dust, rain, salt fog, icing or freezing rain, 24 hours with no data loss per
MIL-STD-810G Methods 505.4, 506.4, 509.4 and 510.
• AltiSafe™ Technology – High altitude operation. 15K ft. (Alum.) and 30K ft. (SSD and Ti.) rated altitudes per MIL-STD-810G Method 500.4
• Theft Resistant Kensington® Lock compatible slot solid metal construction – theft protection
Software Specifications (included but not required for use)
• Genie Timeline™ Pro Full Version2 ($60 Value) Award winning backup software. Simple, block level, open file and OS Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
software for Windows users. Disaster recovery for entire hard drive including programs and settings, roll back and AES encryption features for the ultimate
protection. Registration required at www.iosafe.com to validate purchase prior to downloading software and install code.
• Apple® Mac® TimeMachine® Supported – Apple Time Machine fully supported. Reformat of device may be required. Simple instructions online at
• TrueCrypt® AES-256 Encryption Compatible3 – Open source, encryption software. FIPS 140-2, ISO/IEC 10118-3:2004. PC, Mac and Linux compatible.
• 5400, 7200 RPM HDDs available, 250GB – 1TB capacities
• SSD capacities from 256GB-512GB
• Billet-machined Aluminum (1lb.) and Titanium (1.5 lb.) enclosures (3.9″W x 5.7″L x 1.0″H)
• Multi-platform compatibility with Mac & PC/Windows
• USB 3.0 (compatible with USB 2.0 computers)
• FireWire® 800/USB 2.0 (Available 3/2010)
Inside The Box
• ioSafe Rugged Portable + DRS
• USB 3.0 Cable (USB 3.0 version),
• FireWire 800 Cable (FW800/USB 2.0 version)
• USB Micro-B Y-Cable (for low powered USB 2.0 ports)
• Owners Manual and Warranty
• Intel Pentium II 350 Mhz-compatible or Mac G3 processor & greater
• For USB 3.0/USB 2.0 speeds, the system must support applicable specifications
• For FireWire 800 speeds, the system must support applicable specifications
• Operating: 0 to 35°C (32 to 95°F) for HDD versions
• Operating: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F) for SSD versions
• Non-operating: -40°C to 65°C (-40 to 149°F) all versions
• Operating Humidity: 5% – 80% (non-condensing) all versions
• Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full immersion, 10 feet, 3 days (Aluminum version)
• Non-operating Humidity: 100%, Full immersion, 30 feet, 3 days (Titanium version)
1. Go to website www.iosafe.com for terms and conditions on Data Recovery Service (DRS) and No-Hassle Warranty which are subject to change without notice.
Some limitations apply. Registration required by end user to enable DRS.
2. Registration required to download backup software.
3. TrueCrypt is a free, open source software. Link and instructions for use available for free at www.iosafe.com or www.truecrypt.org.
No purchase required to download TrueCrypt software. Compatible with PC, Mac and Linux.
4. 1GB=1 billion bytes; 1TB=1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
5. ioSafe® is a registered trademark of ioSafe, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Category: Windows Home Server