Figure 1 — HP P222/512 FBWC with Low Profile Bracket attached that I made with the help of my Dermel
While it was delayed by the great storm in the Southeast during the end of January, 2014, my HP P222/512 FBWC finally arrived safe and sound in early February.
Read about it and check out the pictures and performance runs in the HSS Forums at Unboxing/Installing my P222/512 FBWC in my Gen8.
Figure 2 — Installing Windws Server 2012 with Intelligent Provisioning
The As-Built for my Gen8 (as pictured in Figure 2):
- HP ProLiant Gen8 MicroServer Xeon E3-1265LV2
- 16GB ECC RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3E9SK2/16)
- OS: Windows Server 2012
- OS Drive: HP Smart Array B120i RAID Controller – Logical RAID0 Drive made with two (2) physical drives Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD
- Test Data Drive: HP Smart Array B120i RAID Controller – Logical RAID1 Drive made with two (2) physical drives VelociRaptor WD1500HLHX
- Pre-Production: Schoondoggy Drive Mount
- Test Data Drive:: HP Smart Array P222/512 FBWC RAID Controller – Logical RAID10 Drive made with two (4) physical drives VelociRaptor WD1500HLHX
- iLO4 Advanced
- Samsung slim external USB DVD RW drive
Note: In Figure 2 with 6 HDDs, 2 SDDs, an external USB DVD drive and the P222 installed the power meter shows 80.2 Watts.
Join us in the HSS Forums with any questions and/or comments on the above and other threads.