I have found and issue and have since found the solution, but I thought I would post it here to help others.
I have just finished installing and moving all my data from my v1 to my new home server 2011. I then went to try and configure the domain name setup just as I had done in my v1, but every time I entered my live account username and password I would get the error.
"The user name and password is incorrect" I tired this many time one night.
I thought there may have been a MS server issue so I left it and tried the next day and I got the same error. I thought I would boot my old v1 and remove and try and remove and re-add my live account in the domain account, but I got the same error. I then tried my wife's live account username and password and the wizard went through.
I thought this was strange so I went online to try and find an answer I searched the Home Server Show forums and didn't find and thing, but after doing some more searching I found that after MS did an upgrade to the new domain system during the Vail beta that you can no longer have speical characters in your password such as "!%#@$&()", my password had a & character.
What I did was went to account.live.com and changed my password to a simple password and then went through the domain name wizzard and it all went through fine. I then went back to account.live.com and changed it back to my more complex password.
More info here http://social.micros...85-be3ca368f7e4
I hope this helps someone.
LeeMember Since 24 May 2011
Offline Last Active Jun 01 2011 05:00 AM
- Group Members
- Active Posts 1
- Profile Views 892
- Member Title HSS 1 Post Wonder
- Age Age Unknown
- Birthday Birthday Unknown
Lee hasn't added any friends yet.