• Please log in to reply
    13 replies to this topic

#1 Technogod

Technogod

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

You guys tried to tell me the ASMedia USB 3.0 on my motherboard was causing me tons of headaches. You all were correct. I installed a Mediasonic HP1-SU3 PCI Express USB 3.0 ProBox Card and all my problems just disappeared.

THANKS

#2 Technogod

Technogod

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

I spoke too soon. StableBit Scanner is still having trouble with my two 4 Bay CineRAID boxes. StableBit Scanner Service will intermittently disconnect. Computer also suffered a BSOD and rebooted.

#3 schoondoggy

schoondoggy

HSS Master

• Moderators
    • 2,167 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

It looks like the Mediasonic uses the NEC chip, can you confirm?

#4 Technogod

Technogod

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 191 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:29 PM

According to Device Manager it's Renesas.  

#5 schoondoggy

schoondoggy

HSS Master

• Moderators
    • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

Renesas is the NEC chip which has been fairly stable.

Did you load a driver or did the OS do it?

If the OS loaded one, you should check to be sure it is the one Mediasonic recommends.

#6 Technogod

Technogod

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 191 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

OS Driver, I also found BSOD occurred while StableBit DrivePool was performing Pool Balancing. There were a lot of temp files that had to be deleted. Event log is showing the same type of errors that occurred with the ASMedia USB 3.0. Pool Balanced fine last night after StableBit Scanner was removed. For some reason my system doesn't like StableBit Scanner.

Edited by Technogod, 18 December 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#7 jmwills

jmwills

HSS Genius

• Donating Member
    • 7,389 posts
    • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Have you looked at flashing the BIOS to the most current version?

Windows 7 Desktop - Antec 100 Case, Intel D8H67BL, OCZ 550W PSU, Intel i3-530 CPU w/16GB G-Skill DDR3 1333 RAM
    Server 2012 - Fractal Arc Midi, CoolerMaster M600 PSU, ASUS P8H67V, Intel i5-2500 CPU w/32GBG-Skill DDR3 1333 RAM, 90 GIG OCZ SSD OS Drive – Roles: Hyper-V (WHS-SharePoint-DC-SQL-Exchange-WSE 2012R2), Print Server - Rocket RAID 2720 4 x 3TB WD Red
    HTPC Build - Silverstone GD05 Case,x 2
    Travel Laptop: Lenovo U310 13.3" Windows 8.1

#8 Technogod

Technogod

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 191 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

I installed the RENESAS Drivers. Same symptom. The Event Log is full of StableBit Scanner errors.

#9 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 13,155 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

Calling Drashna..... message for Drashna :D

Seriously, this sounds like something CoveCube would want to know about. If StableBit Scanner isn't.... well... stable, then I'm betting they want to work with you to find out what's going on.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#10 Drashna (WGS)

Drashna (WGS)

HSS Elite

• Members
    • 1,404 posts
    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

lol. 

yes, yes. thanks ikon. :)

As for the issues,

Could you upload the BSOD memory dumps?

Don't worry about the settings (but feel free to make the changes), but upload the C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP file and the files in C:\Windows\Minidump, using the Box.com upload widget at the bottom of the page on this link:

http://wiki.covecube..._System_Crashes

Also, enable Tracing for DrivePool, to make sure it's not an IO related issues:

DrivePool v1: http://wiki.covecube..._Log_Collection, or 

DrivePool v2: http://wiki.covecube..._Log_Collection

Also, if you could ... well just upload the entire folders for "C:\ProgramData\StableBit DrivePool", and "C:\ProgramData\StableBitScanner" to http://stablebit.com/Contact/  so we can take a look at the logs there. 

Also, per chance, are you using the "UnsafeDirectIo" setting for Scanner? If so.... it's "Unsafe" for a reason, and could by why the system is unstable. if you do have it enabled, rename the config file and restart the StableBit Scanner service.

Christopher Courtney
    Microsoft MVP for Windows Home Server 2009-2012
    Lead Moderator for We Got Served
    Director of Customer Relations for CoveCube (StableBit)

Windows Server 2012R2 Essentials
    Norco RPC-4220, SuperMicro X10SAT, Intel E3 1245v3 (Haswell) 32GB RAM (non-ECC), OCZ Vertex 4 128GB OS disk, StableBit DrivePool: 31TB, 3x IBM ServeRAID m1015 crossflashed to "IT" (HBA) mode.

#11 Technogod

Technogod

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 191 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

I don't think it's a StableBit Scanner problem. I think it's a USB3, Port Multiplier, CineRAID problem. If you connect this same hardware, load both boxes up with drives, I'm sure you could reproduce it. I've also experienced this same issue when using SyncToy to sync my two DrivePools. Here's the error in the event log.

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: \\?\Volume{c40ff080-3371-11e3-bf57-000d3aa5829c}, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume22.

(A device which does not exist was specified.)

The communication to the drives fails and it all goes downhill from there. Unfortunately the problem is causing too much data corruption in my system so I'm unable to troubleshoot further. I was hoping the new USB3 card and drivers would fix the problem. I've tried the Microsoft and RENESAS drivers.

#12 Drashna (WGS)

Drashna (WGS)

HSS Elite

• Members
    • 1,404 posts
    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

StableBit Scanner may not be the issue. But I'd feel better making sure that it's not.

Also, are those errors about scanner along the lines of "generated xxxxxx.sanencryptedreport" errors? 

Christopher Courtney

Norco RPC-4220, SuperMicro X10SAT, Intel E3 1245v3 (Haswell) 32GB RAM (non-ECC), OCZ Vertex 4 128GB OS disk, StableBit DrivePool: 31TB, 3x IBM ServeRAID m1015 crossflashed to "IT" (HBA) mode.

#13 Technogod

Technogod

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 191 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

I've attached the StableBit Scanner Error Reports.

Attached Files

#14 Drashna (WGS)

Drashna (WGS)

HSS Elite

• Members
    • 1,404 posts
    • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Sorry for the horrendous delay, but could you open a ticket at http://stablebit.com/Contact, and attach those logs, and at least link to this forum post?

Sorry.

Christopher Courtney

Skins By Invisioneers