• Please log in to reply
    2 replies to this topic

#1 Rod at home

Rod at home

HSS Star

• Members
    • 81 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

I recently finished listening to the podcast that discussed Ultraviolet and Flixster/VUDU. (I hope it was on the Home Server Show podcast, and not the Surface Geeks podcast. If I've made a mistaken and it was on the Surface Geeks podcast, please forgive me for making this mistake.)

Anyway, the important thing is I understood, from the podcast, that Ultraviolet was the repository of the films in the cloud, and that Flixster and VUDU were the interfaces for watching those movies. I've already got an Ultraviolet account and a Flixster account. All of the movies on DVD that I've come across, which allowed for putting them into Ultraviolet, all used Flixster, so that's why I've done everything that way. As I said, I gathered from the podcast that VUDU would be able to see all of the movies that I currently have in Ultraviolet, that I put there using Flixster. So, late last night I set up a VUDU account and tied it to my Ultraviolet account. I didn't see any of my movies there. Have I made a mistake? Was I wrong? Did I misunderstand the podcast? Does VUDU not see anything I put into Ultraviolet using Flixster? Inquiring minds want to know.

#2 rgunther

rgunther

HSS 1 Post Wonder

• Members
    • 1 posts
    • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

You understood correctly. The trick may be that you need to link your VUDU account to your UltraViolet account. Have you gone through that step? After you've logged in to VUDU, select Account Info in the user menu, then under UltraViolet account, you'll need to link with the account you created at UVVU, the main UltraViolet site.

Let us know if this fixes things for you!

#3 krbjms

krbjms

HSS 1 Post Wonder

• Members
    • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have a similar problem I can't seem to work through. I have an Ultraviolet, a Vudu account, and a Flixster account. Ultraviolet shows I am linked to both (and also Universal ). I started originaly putting my digital copies on Flixster, but after 43 of them I found I could watch my Vudu collection on my Sony Blu-ray player. So I was hoping that I could see the movies I have in Flixster, but when I go to Ultraviolet, it shows that I am linked, but none of the movies on Flixster, show on the Ultraviolet site. do I have something set up wrong. All the movies I have on Vudu, do show on the Ultraviolet collection. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks, Ken.

Skins By Invisioneers