So I installed Windows 8 and everything went well, until I tried to play music or videos from
the metro apps. When I played the file(s) there was no sound. After some googling
I quickly discovered I wasn't alone. However, everything worked perfectly if played them with WMP.
So google suggested:
1. Disable WMP, this worked until I rebooted.
2. Do a refresh. This failed, telling me files were missing and I couldn't do a refresh.
3. Did a restore, still no change.
4. I then remembered Paul Thurrott mentioned on Windows Weekly Win8 did better
from a Win7 upgrade than from a Win8 fresh install.
5. So I installed and completely updated Win7, then did the upgrade. Didn't pay attention
until it was too late and realized I used the Developer Preview
6. So did #5 again, making sure I used Release Preview this time. After a complete update on
Win7 and then Win8 upgrade everything works well.
7. Except the WHS 2011 backup failed, but I think this was on the WHS side and being
midnight I stopped.
So far I am liking 8, but hope this isn't a recurrent problem.
Windows 8 Metro App Foibles
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users