Gregwelch, May 09 07:41 pm (CDT):
Hi, I have CrashPlan Pro installed on my WHS 2011. What happens is that the
tray icon closes and from what I can tell service stops working.
The first time it runs it will last for about an hour or longer then say the next day I go to see
progress and its closed and tray icon is gone, then when I try and start the
program it only stays open say 30 seconds and closes.
Michael W., May 11 04:02 pm (CDT):
Good day Greg,
It appears that the CrashPlan backup engine is running out of memory. Could you follow the instructions below to allocate more memory to the CrashPlan backup engine?
Running Notepad or any other text-editor as an Admin, edit the CrashPlan engine's CrashPlanService.ini file to allow it to use more java memory:
1. Stop the backup engine: http://support.crash...nd_start_engine
2. Locate the Notepad program, right-click and Launch as Administrator
3. Go to File > Open, and navigate to C:\Program Files\CrashPlan\CrashPlanService.ini
4. Find the following line in the file:
5. Edit to something larger such as 640, 768, 896, or 1024. E.g.:
This sets the maximum amount of memory that CrashPlan can use. CrashPlan will not use that much until it needs it. I would recommend starting out setting it to 768, and go higher only if you continue experiencing problems. You can set it as high as 2048 on 32-bit systems, or even higher on 64-bit systems.
6. Start the backup engine.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
This worked perfectly, Thank you