Shoop

"Computer Monitoring error"

67 posts in this topic

Recently, on my main computer I noticed that the launchpad icon in the sys tray will go yellow. When it does it lists the server name and that it has a computer monoitoring error. After a little while (Im assuming another health assessment check) it will go back to green. It will just keep repeating this scenario over and over. It seems like every other health assesment check has an error.

Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this computer monitoring error on my server?

Did you install Update Rollup 2 that was released this week? If so, that might be the cause of the problem.

I installed the updates that were released on Feb 14th. Not sure if that is the roll up 2 or not. Is there any way to fix this?

Uninstall the Rollup....

Glad to know I'm not the only one. It also updated the connector software for each clinet. Will I be able to use updated connector software with the server if I uninstall it?

Yes. Just download from the server again.

This is the same error that I posted on a few days ago. It is aggravating the say the least. My guess is that everyone will get the error at some point as it is not consistent and shows up then goes away.

This is the same error that I posted on a few days ago. It is aggravating the say the least. My guess is that everyone will get the error at some point as it is not consistent and shows up then goes away.

I'm waiting for it cause it hasn't happened to me.......... yet. Here MS, take this: :P

Glad to know I'm not the only one. It also updated the connector software for each clinet. Will I be able to use updated connector software with the server if I uninstall it?

You have to uninstall all the connector software as well and re-install the older version. Painful.

Thanks for the help. I will probably leave it like this for now. The messages don't bother me to much right now to go through uninstalling it. Hopefully, they will patch this issue soon.

Anyone know where I can report this issue? The link paulnj posted above is not working.

My main desktop computer prompted me to reboot last night, and there was a message from Launchpad to reboot in order to incorporate Connector updates. After reboot, Launchpad showed invalid alerts for my computer.

I guess I've finally been bitten too : :angry:

Welcome ot the club....

Well, I just got home and checked my Launchpad and HSS - both show all green, with no alerts pending. Hmmmmmm

It's funny I have been getting this on and off for the last few days and as I also had some other problems thought that was the reason

Guess I will wait till they have a patch for the roll-up

Great, all the PC's in the house just got this today. So now I have to go around to 5 machines, plus 3 VM's and uninstall the new connector and then re-install the old connector? But before I do that, I need to uninstall the Update?

WOW, if so many people are getting this error you have to wonder if MS tested this at all. I think this is a plan against me. Make WHS suck so much that stop using it and therefore stop complaining about it. They are so close to achieving this goal!

I installed the day after the update was available and have not had any issues thus far. It is weird how the error seems to be hit and miss.

After installing some further updates and rebooting my Launchpad was complaining it needed a reboot. I told it to refresh the alerts and everything went green. Go figure :wacko:

It seems to be very erratic. It stays green, then you do something and it errors, may or may not go away, but if it does it comes back. Hard to believer this was tested very well at all.

Yes, I can find nothing in the Event Logs on either Client or Server side so it is very hard to track this one.

Anyone know where I can report this issue? The link paulnj posted above is not working.

You need to have an account registered at Microsoft Connect for access to the WHS section. That's probably why the link isn't working for you.

So far, 28 people have reported that they are seeing this bug. Microsoft have ackowledged the problem and stated that

this alert is caused by an internal error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", we are investigating the root cause, a quick workaround is you could "Ignore" this alert, do not "Delete".
Edited by gcoupe

Wow, what a resolution! Ignore it, even I knew that.

Yep, useful, isn't it? And, I don't know what they mean by "do not Delete" - I don't see any "delete" function for the alert...

To me it seems like they really know what the issue is, but the fix is more costly than the cure, Server 8.

I like how they say, "you could 'ignore' it"..... IOW, we don't recommend it, but you could ignore it. :P