Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bitback

Anyone used MonStor DE replacement?

5 posts in this topic

It is sold by Tranquil PC.

It looks to be created by Division-M. So why the 2 options? Drive Bender and MonStor?

I may buy and test. If I do I'll write up a review of my experience. Just wondering if any had heard of it, or used it...

thanks!

MonStor is just Tranquils rebranded name of Drive Bendor, Just like buying a Kenmore Appliance at Sears, which are rebranded versions of Whirlpool, Maytag ect.

MonStor is just Tranquils rebranded name of Drive Bendor, Just like buying a Kenmore Appliance at Sears, which are rebranded versions of Whirlpool, Maytag ect.

I agree, mostly. Not to be picky, but the one difference I can think of is that Sears often, or at least they used to, has the manufacturers build the appliances to their spec, which means they may not be as reliable, or the feature set may be different from the units sold under the manufacturers own brands. I don't think this is happening with DriveBender.

Meh, it's a minor point.

I agree, mostly. Not to be picky, but the one difference I can think of is that Sears often, or at least they used to, has the manufacturers build the appliances to their spec, which means they may not be as reliable, or the feature set may be different from the units sold under the manufacturers own brands. I don't think this is happening with DriveBender. Meh, it's a minor point.

Tranquil states they have tested it extensively with their hardware - so maybe there is some difference in the code. Written to take advantage of their processor, motherboard etc.

Tranquil states they have tested it extensively with their hardware - so maybe there is some difference in the code. Written to take advantage of their processor, motherboard etc.

Could be. I would not be surprised as I believe it's 1 guy doing the coding and he would naturally be really eager to please a large customer like Tranquil.