4 replies to this topic

#1 Bitback

Bitback

HSS Member

• Members
    • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:07 AM

It is sold by Tranquil PC.

It looks to be created by Division-M. So why the 2 options? Drive Bender and MonStor?

I may buy and test. If I do I'll write up a review of my experience. Just wondering if any had heard of it, or used it...

thanks!

#2 yodafett

yodafett

HSS Champion

• Donating Member
    • 386 posts
    • LocationFt Worth, TX

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

MonStor is just Tranquils rebranded name of Drive Bendor, Just like buying a Kenmore Appliance at Sears, which are rebranded versions of Whirlpool, Maytag ect.
    Bryan
    WHS2011 Server i7 4770S 8GB 120GB SSD Mirroed 2TB Mirrored | MacDell 775 C2Q 2.83 8GB 160GB 10.8.3| MacMini i3-2100 8GB 120GB SSD |
    Main i7 4770K 16GB 256SSD 1TB Windows 8.1 Pro| Second 2.83 C2Quad 8gb 256GB SSD, 1TB Windows 7 Ult. x64 | ESXi C2Quad 2.83 250 and Mirrored 500GB | HTPC D525 4GB 60gb SSD Win7
    2012/w Essential Gen8 Micro e3-1265L 16GB 120SSD 2TB 1.5TB All Mirrored | Client 2.83 C2Quad 8GB 160Gb

#3 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,024 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

MonStor is just Tranquils rebranded name of Drive Bendor, Just like buying a Kenmore Appliance at Sears, which are rebranded versions of Whirlpool, Maytag ect.

I agree, mostly. Not to be picky, but the one difference I can think of is that Sears often, or at least they used to, has the manufacturers build the appliances to their spec, which means they may not be as reliable, or the feature set may be different from the units sold under the manufacturers own brands. I don't think this is happening with DriveBender.

Meh, it's a minor point.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#4 Bitback

Bitback

HSS Member

• Members
    • 14 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

I agree, mostly. Not to be picky, but the one difference I can think of is that Sears often, or at least they used to, has the manufacturers build the appliances to their spec, which means they may not be as reliable, or the feature set may be different from the units sold under the manufacturers own brands. I don't think this is happening with DriveBender. Meh, it's a minor point.

Tranquil states they have tested it extensively with their hardware - so maybe there is some difference in the code. Written to take advantage of their processor, motherboard etc.

#5 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,024 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

Tranquil states they have tested it extensively with their hardware - so maybe there is some difference in the code. Written to take advantage of their processor, motherboard etc.

Could be. I would not be surprised as I believe it's 1 guy doing the coding and he would naturally be really eager to please a large customer like Tranquil.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

Skins By Invisioneers