• Similar Content

• WolfJT
      By WolfJT
      I was on a trip last week riding in a Hertz rental bus on the way to an airport. The bus was full. I was standing there riding and noticing the phones the 6 people around me were using. All of them had iPhone's. It made me think of how bland that really is. Everyone either has iPhones or Galaxy. I am blown away by Apple selling 9 million handsets in a weekend. People actually standing in line to get a phone that doesn't have anything new to offer. It makes me wonder if WP can ever break through this consumer wall that Apple and Samsung have built. On a side note,  I love busting out my Win Phone HTC 8X in situations like this. I love to have something that looks completely different. Unfortunately no one noticed my Win Phone. Maybe they were all getting too motion sick from IOS 7 to notice.
    • DaMenace
      By DaMenace
      Has anyone attempted to import ITUNES video and Music on a MAC into PLEX running Windows 10?
    • mailman1988
      By mailman1988
      While thumbing through the iTunes store I ran across a Free App & software by MMSoft called PC Monitor
      http://www.mobilepcmonitor.com

After loading the program on your server/PC, it will securely report to your mobile device.
      Has anyone tested this on V1 or V2? or any other Server's?
      Thanks
    • krom
      By krom
      Do any of you guys (or gals) use or have any recommendations for GPS apps for iOS? I heard Dave talk about Garmin's I think on a recent HSS and also Navagon which a friend of mine recommended. I wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience/recommendations. Any pros/cons vs. standalone GPS? My wife and I currently have a standalone that I ended up giving to her. Of course that leaves me out in the cold if I end up lost or in need of direction. So rather than getting another standalone I thought we'd invest in software for our iPhones instead.

Thanks for any advice.
    • Dave
      By Dave
      I've been getting frustrated with ZumoCast for the iPad and Windows ever since Motorola bought it. They are obviously working on Android more than iOS now which is understood but still a letdown.

With Zumo I could browse my DVD directory and my converted TV shows directory and transfer files to the iPad over Wi-Fi without having to sync with iTunes.

I used to use Air Video but the service fails to start now for some reason. Un-install, reinstall it starts but on reboots it fails.

Boxee for iPad was disappointing. Have not tried Orb yet.

I thought I would throw it out there to you guys and see what you use.

Orb, PolKast, ZumoCast, Air Video. iOS, Android, WebOS, whatever. Stream, transfer, watch live.

Go!
Dave

Hangout during Apple's keynote on Oct 4th?

12 posts in this topic

Anyone want to hang out on Tuesday during the apple keynote? We can all jump into the /live page and chat. Haters are welcome too!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...an Apple Haters get together... :)

Anyone want to hang out on Tuesday during the apple keynote? We can all jump into the /live page and chat. Haters are welcome too!

If I can I would love to. I will be at work but I will try and hook up for a bit.

I will be at work too. Don't know if I will be able to see or hear the apple keynote since my company blocks everything on the internet that may involve anything remotely resembling fun or enjoyable (like steaming video or audio).

I will be at work too. Don't know if I will be able to see or hear the apple keynote since my company blocks everything on the internet that may involve anything remotely resembling fun or enjoyable (like steaming video or audio).

That is exactly why I have a mobile hot spot.

I am not seeing that they are broadcasting year? Only live blogs. Anyone know anything different?

They have confirmed that there is no live video. At WWDC there was a few rogue video feeds but that is a larger venue. It might not be as easy to send out a live video feed on the sly this time.

I usually watch TWIT.tv and read engadget and thisismynext.com or the verge or whatever they are called. Worked well for the Amazon keynote but having live video is really cool.

Personally, I feel like all companies should block steaming video. I am surprised you have a problem with it.

Only at work would I put myself through the abuse of watching an apple broadcast. Why would I want to watch such a smug little liar.

Now, I have a question about my apple environment at home...