#1 Greg Welch

Greg Welch

HSS Champion

• Donating Member
    • 458 posts
    • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:41 PM

Ok try and help me solve this one guys and gals ? :wacko:

1. I record my tv shows on my HTPC (the o.s. is on ocz vertex 2 -50 and Tv recordings land on a 500 gig hardrive till moved to server folder at midnight) streams back Fantastic!!!!

ok now, all shows are moved to whs 2011 recorded tv folder. how do you guys automate the move of tv series shows that you want added to the tv servies view?

2.Has anyone been able to get commercial skipping to work on vm and to stream to HTPC (using Andys DVRMST and Dragon Show Analyser)

i have not,

my thoughts now are to use the same programs to actually cut the commercials, that way you are streaming a recompiled tv show. but if settings arent
    perfect you cut into your show, and i'm not even lucky enough to have the skipping work any better that ok

(ok this how i have it setup, DVRMST and Analyser are in a W7 VM looking at the WHS 2011 Recorded tv folder the information generated from the show analyser is in
    the folder as i set it up to be but the htpc basicaly only streams the original show not seeing the analyzation) wow hope that made sense?

O.K. a few caviots. 1. ALL media to be stored on server , no local content

2. i do not want to convert WTV to anything unless its automated

3. How do you have yours setup ?

Synology DS1513+ backed up to IoSafe N2 with integrated Synology DSM

#2 timekills

timekills

HSS Advanced

• Donating Member
    • 868 posts
    • LocationFort Bliss (hah), Tejas

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

I have DVRMST and ShowAnalyzer running on the virtual HTPC. They save the commercial data to my WHS public folder, which is readable by everybody. There are a couple key settings in both DVRMS toolbox and ShowAnalyzer that have to be set to ge it to work, which I will try and post, but if you do a search for the settings online just ensure that wherever you choose to save your commercial (XML, etc) files it is readable by both the HTPC and WHS.

My original intent on putting the commercial files in the public folder on the server was the hope that all HTPCs could read those files and would not have to do analysis on the TV shows in order to get commercial skipping. That has not worked, yet, but I haven't given up hope.

#3 ImTheTypeOfGuy

ImTheTypeOfGuy

HSS Master

• Donating Member
    • 2,433 posts
    • LocationhOUston

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

Ben Drawbaugh of Engadget, has a how to article on how to tweak show analyser to prevent it from cutting into the show. Give it a look and you can correct that problem.
    ITTOG

- WHS V1: Dell XPS 420; Quad Core @ 2.66 GHz; 4 GB RAM
    - S2008R2: Lian Li PC-A70F, EVGA X58 3X SLI, i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz; 12 GB RAM, 2 x 250 GB WD Black Caviar in IcyDock Enclosure with Raid 1, EVGA GeForce GT 240, 12TB RAID5
    - HTPC: Silverstone Lascala, Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3, i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz, 4 GB Ram, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 12TB RAID5
    - Personal Desktop: Lian Li PC-9F, ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2600k @ 4.1 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD's in Raid 0, EVGA GTX580
    - Kids Desktop: Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 560, 3.6GHz, 2 GB RAM - Lets not forget this beauty!
    - Other Devices: iPad, Boxee Box, XBox's, PS3, Wii, and HP TouchPad

#4 Greg Welch

Greg Welch

HSS Champion

• Donating Member
    • 458 posts
    • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

1. Tried DVRMST with DTB it out put xml's but still only streamed tv show no skipping

2. Currently trying DVRMST with Showanalyser quit sure ill get the xml's again

so i will need to focus on DVRMST seeing the xml along with the tv show

read andys install guide for 1. above so i believe i have the basic settings correct.

i may have to jump over to missing remote and chat with him in the forums

#5 Greg Welch

Greg Welch

HSS Champion

• Donating Member
    • 458 posts
    • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

O.K. time to ask @timekills for a review of your settings.

1. tv shows get recorded on livingroom HTPC's hardrive and moved to WHS 2011 recorded tv folder by media center around midnight

DVRMS settings; 1.2.2.4

2. xmls are saved on the vm running DVRMS in C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml

3. File watcher tab --watched directory is WHS 2011 Recorded TV , wtv is in watched Ext and Video types / job path is set to C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\FWJobs on VM

4. MC addin tab -- skip commerccials is checked

5. Commercial skip tab -- auto skip is selected

7. processing tab --delay processing is set to FindCommercials and detection profile is set to find commercials in DVR-MS

8. DVRMS Toolbox tab -- prefered Analyser is set to automatic and defualt priority is set to above normal ( this vm is only for commercial removal )

Show Analyzer

show analyzer is set to not run analyzer

#6 Greg Welch

Greg Welch

HSS Champion

• Donating Member
    • 458 posts
    • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

O.K. im a little closer.

http://www.missingre...ting-dvrms-1224

O.K. i catching on..
    so if i am running DVRMS 1.2.2.4 and SA on my VM and it is sending the XML files to a folder in Recorded TV called commercialXML on WHS 2011 that folder is shared with the remote HTPC/Extender.
    then on the HTPC do i need to have DVRMS installed or SA or nothing to enable the skipping, to clarify.. what is using the xml on the remote HTPC

#7 Greg Welch

Greg Welch

HSS Champion

• Donating Member
    • 458 posts
    • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

O.K. Got it...

On a W7 Ult. VM running DVRMS 1.2.2.4 and Show Analyzer

DVRMS setting are:

prefered analyzer set to = automatic
    File watcher = set to watch recorded TV folder \\ServerName\Recorded_TV
    commercial skip path set to + a folder named \\ServerName\Recorded_TV\CommercialXML CommercialXML ---'that i created in the WHS 2011 Recorded TV folder"---

Show Analyser:

under settings,

Scheduler = i enabled Directory watcher then a little lower i identified the TV directory to watch
    Output tab = set the where to the folder on server \\Servername\CommercialXML just above that i set it to "LIVE" and everything else below to "NEVER"
    On Queue tab = started directory watcher and at the bottom of that area i ran Analyze now

Now on the Client that i wanted to watch the commercial skipping shows on :

i ran DTB 1.2.2.4 http://babgvant.com/...entry20437.aspx

Andy did mention you could just run DTB add in. which i may try just to reduce total volume size with

http://www.missingre...ting-dvrms-1224

prefered Analyzer = to be Showanalyzer

output directory = \\servername\recordedTv\commercialXML
    file watcher = \\servername\recorded_tv\

my client HTPC for this has a OCZ 50GB SSD OS and a 500GB Drive for recorded TV till being moved to server at midnight by WMC " i will probably make it direct to server but its a nice backup plan when i take server offline " very cool since i havent had this working when i switched the whole house to 64bit and windows 7 :)

Make sure all folder are shared,

I'm sure i will still have to fine tune some of the shows "skip points" but this is at least doing all the CPU intensive work on the VM and not on my HTPC while im watching a show

at some point ill share my ceton tuners with the VM and do the recording on it as well or try a silicon dust network tuner at some point :)

#8 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,480 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

nice job timekills. You managed to fix the issue without even a single post :D j/k

Seriously welchwerks, nice work. Thanks for posting. I don't record any TV shows anymore, but that could change so this would be useful.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#9 timekills

timekills

HSS Advanced

• Donating Member
    • 868 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Do I get a +1 for this? ;)

#10 ImTheTypeOfGuy

ImTheTypeOfGuy

HSS Master

• Donating Member
    • 2,433 posts
    • LocationhOUston

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

I gotchya covered. :)
    ITTOG

- WHS V1: Dell XPS 420; Quad Core @ 2.66 GHz; 4 GB RAM
    - S2008R2: Lian Li PC-A70F, EVGA X58 3X SLI, i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz; 12 GB RAM, 2 x 250 GB WD Black Caviar in IcyDock Enclosure with Raid 1, EVGA GeForce GT 240, 12TB RAID5
    - HTPC: Silverstone Lascala, Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3, i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz, 4 GB Ram, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 12TB RAID5
    - Personal Desktop: Lian Li PC-9F, ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2600k @ 4.1 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD's in Raid 0, EVGA GTX580
    - Kids Desktop: Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 560, 3.6GHz, 2 GB RAM - Lets not forget this beauty!
    - Other Devices: iPad, Boxee Box, XBox's, PS3, Wii, and HP TouchPad

#11 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,480 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:01 PM

For solving an issue virtually? I don't think they have a + high enough to cover that B)

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#12 timekills

timekills

HSS Advanced

• Donating Member
    • 868 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 01:07 PM

In all seriousness I'm learning a lot from welchwerks trials. As I've said in other posts I've migrated to SageTV while waiting for the HDHR prime to arrive because I'm in a poor OTA recetion area and Time Warner cable likes to use more than 3 digits on it's channel extensions (i.e. 1200.12345) Windows Media Center 7 only allows up to 3 digit extensions so I lose more than half my channels using it. SageTV has a phenomenal commercial skipping plugin designed by the community which is free, one click to set up, and works across all my HTPCs and PCs simultaneously. So I'm out of touch with Show Analyzer (SA) but I am setting it up across my virtual HTPC clients again now that the Prime is coming (on Tuesday, supposedly).

I'm still having an issue with the main HTPC automatically checking for commercials. My non-virtual HTPC where I'm doing the SA testing has a 60GB SSD and 1.5 TB data drive. The data drive is used for tv recording, but WHS 2011 is set to automatically archive the recordings. I have both locations set to analyze commercials through DVR-MST, with the files saved to my commercials folder in the Public folder on my WHS. I think it is messing up by trying to analyze them prior to archive, and then when they are moved it doesn't work, but you'd think it would try to re-analyze them after moving.

#13 Greg Welch

Greg Welch

HSS Champion

• Donating Member
    • 458 posts
    • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

now now... this truely has been a give and take , so thank you all :)

using SA with DVRMS on the VM and DTBA Add-in on the HTPC that i want to skip and watch the show on is working great although i will need to tweak SA. it likes to miss the 3rd commercial on rizzoli and isles, " i know dont laugh "

" hoping to make it on BYOB podcast 1 week from monday to go over my system ill try and spend some time on the commercial skipping"

Edited by welchwerks, 03 September 2011 - 10:04 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: my movies, welchwerks, tv

Skins By Invisioneers