6 replies to this topic

#1 fredload

fredload

HSS Member

• Members
    • 49 posts
    • LocationMayer, AZ

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

I need a little help here. I have been using My Movies for WHS to copy my DVD's for quite a while now with no issues. My last two or three Blu Ray titles I have copied will not play when I try and watch them using my HTPC. I am using media center along with ArcSofts Total Media Theater 3, and when I hit play it just says: "Burn Disc". When I try and play the movie just using ArcSoft Total Media 3, I can't access the file either. I see the folder and the large file, but the software does not see a file when trying to mount it. I have virtual clone installed and all my other titles work fine, including all my other Blu Ray titles. Any ideas why this might be happening? Any help would be appreciated.

BTW: I am saving the discs in ISO form and everything seems to copy fine, no error messages.

Edited by fredload, 05 April 2011 - 05:14 PM.

I reckon so.

#2 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,093 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

I need a little help here. I have been using My Movies for WHS to copy my DVD's for quite a while now with no issues. My last two or three Blu Ray titles I have copied will not play when I try and watch them using my HTPC. I am using media center along with ArcSofts Total Media Theater 3, and when I hit play it just says: "Burn Disc". When I try and play the movie just using ArcSoft Total Media 3, I can't access the file either. I see the folder and the large file, but the software does not see a file when trying to mount it. I have virtual clone installed and all my other titles work fine, including all my other Blu Ray titles. Any ideas why this might be happening? Any help would be appreciated.

BTW: I am saving the discs in ISO form and everything seems to copy fine, no error messages.

My trial copy of TMT5 won't even show ISO blu-ray files when I go to open. I was wondering if it's a limitation of the trial version, but maybe not since you're having issues too.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#3 fredload

fredload

HSS Member

• Members
    • 49 posts
    • LocationMayer, AZ

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:55 PM

My trial copy of TMT5 won't even show ISO blu-ray files when I go to open. I was wondering if it's a limitation of the trial version, but maybe not since you're having issues too.

I have the paid version TMT3. The crazy thing is that my other ISO files play fine. Just the most recent Blu Ray rips.
    I reckon so.

#4 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,093 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:58 PM

I have the paid version TMT3. The crazy thing is that my other ISO files play fine. Just the most recent Blu Ray rips.

mine is a rip of avatar

#5 fredload

fredload

HSS Member

• Members
    • 49 posts
    • LocationMayer, AZ

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

mine is a rip of avatar

Mine are Secretariat, Robin Hood and Rush beyond the lighted stage. All three, same issue. All my other Blu Ray rips are fine.
    I reckon so.

#6 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,093 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Mine are Secretariat, Robin Hood and Rush beyond the lighted stage. All three, same issue. All my other Blu Ray rips are fine.

I should try a rip of Planet Earth and see how it plays. ATM it's the only other blu-ray I own.

#7 pcdoc

pcdoc

HSS Legend

• Moderators
    • 3,957 posts
    • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

I assume you have updated you AnyDVD HD to the most current? Have you tried Folder Structure instead of ISO's? Some the more current BD are heavy with Java and tend to be problematic. Try an older movie that you know works and see if it is a system problem or just the movie.

Main Server - WHS 2011, Core I5-2500, 12T RAID 5 (5x3T) + 2T of Mirror + 2T of backup
    Second Server - 2012, Core I5-2500, 12T RAID 5
    Main Systems - Core I5-4770, 16 Gigs DDR3-1600, 180 Gig Intel 330 SSD. 240 Gig Intel 520, 3T Seagate - Other systems - Core I7-2600, 2 x Core I5-2500, Core I5-4570S, Core I3-2100, and G620

My Blog - The Doc's World
    Tablet Resource - BYOB Videos - TheBYOBPodcast

For More Information:

Computer Systems

Home Network

Skins By Invisioneers