5 replies to this topic

#1 Kman

Kman

HSS Star

• Members
    • 80 posts
    • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 10 March 2011 - 05:05 PM

I have noticed a few things about the backup.
    You can't seem to force the server to perform a cleanup of the backup files? Anyone find a way or do I just wait?
    Also in order to mark an unsuccessful backup you seem to have to go in to the computer then you have to open the backup you want next you have to use the pulldown seems like a long process hope now that I got it working I will not have to perform this that often

Also in the old one it use to mark it so you can see that it's marked for delete and in whs2011 you have to go all the way in to see that it's marked for delete

If anyone has any luck with some type of option or thing that I have set wrong please let me know

#2 usacomp2k3

usacomp2k3

HSS Elite

• Members
    • 1,401 posts
    • LocationKissimmee, FL

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:45 AM

You are correct. I think it runs the backup cleanup at the same time (Sundays) but does so automatically and you can't (easily) force it to run at other times.
    HP MediaSmart ex470 + 2GB RAM 2+1.5+.5 = 4TB

#3 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,478 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

I have noticed a few things about the backup.
    You can't seem to force the server to perform a cleanup of the backup files? Anyone find a way or do I just wait?
    Also in order to mark an unsuccessful backup you seem to have to go in to the computer then you have to open the backup you want next you have to use the pulldown seems like a long process hope now that I got it working I will not have to perform this that often

Also in the old one it use to mark it so you can see that it's marked for delete and in whs2011 you have to go all the way in to see that it's marked for delete

If anyone has any luck with some type of option or thing that I have set wrong please let me know

What about clicking the Cleanup Now button under Settings/Backup?

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#4 Kman

Kman

HSS Star

• Members
    • 80 posts
    • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

What about clicking the Cleanup Now button under Settings/Backup?

Are you talking about inside the Dashboard?
    I only have Server Settings and inside here I don't see anything about backup?
    Only options I have under Server Settings are General, Media, HomeGroup, and Remote Web Access

#5 diehard

diehard

HSS Elite

• Moderators
    • 1,635 posts
    • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:25 PM

You are correct. I think it runs the backup cleanup at the same time (Sundays) but does so automatically and you can't (easily) force it to run at other times.

Correct, I did try something on the Vail build, go into Task Manager to find the backup schedule that runs on Sunday at 11:59 ank click on start

EX470 modified BIOS BE-2300 CPU 4Gig ram, 4 2TB HDD. DX4000 with 4 2TB HDD Storage Server2008 R2 Essentials.
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Home Server

#6 BIT

BIT

HSS 1 Post Wonder

• Members
    • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

Its easy.. just remote access your whs2011> go under start>administrative tools>task scheduler

in task scheduler left pane, navigate to Task scheduler library> Microsoft> Windows> Windows Server

In the right pane right click on Cleanup and Run!

you can see the action in task manager if you like :) and after a few minutes backups marked for deletion will disappear!

Skins By Invisioneers