9 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua B

Joshua B

HSS Star

• Members
    • 50 posts
    • LocationNew England

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hi guys. This just happened. Can you help me decide what to do about it? Thanks in advance. Please let me know what useful info you I should convey other than these screen shots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 jazzerjay

jazzerjay

HSS Champion

• Members
    • 372 posts
    • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

I had the same problem although it wasn't on this big of a scale. From what I could gather it was a conflict with DE. To resolve it, I copied the files to a different machine, deleted those files from WHS and copied them back. Do you have a backup of these files and can you do that first?

#3 diehard

diehard

HSS Elite

• Moderators
    • 1,634 posts
    • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:44 PM

This could be caused because some files were removed from the share but they still have a record as a tombstone. :blink:

As suggested, you could try to copy the missing files back to the shared folder, then reboot.

Or you could try the Conflict Resolver addin. http://www.wegotserv...flict-resolver/ This could take a long time to complete, so to speed things up, select the share that needs to be scanned. On the right side, tick only the boxes that say delete corrupted files.

EX470 modified BIOS BE-2300 CPU 4Gig ram, 4 2TB HDD. DX4000 with 4 2TB HDD Storage Server2008 R2 Essentials.
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Home Server

#4 Joshua B

Joshua B

HSS Star

• Members
    • 50 posts
    • LocationNew England

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:59 AM

Thanks for both of your good responses. Now my console is showing all drives healthy. Hmmm. Today is all about copying my data and merging it with an existing backup.

#5 usacomp2k3

usacomp2k3

HSS Elite

• Members
    • 1,401 posts
    • LocationKissimmee, FL

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:21 PM

It will sometimes show as unhealthy until the DE rebalances the drives.
    HP MediaSmart ex470 + 2GB RAM 2+1.5+.5 = 4TB

#6 Joshua B

Joshua B

HSS Star

• Members
    • 50 posts
    • LocationNew England

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

Ah ok usacomp2k3.

Though it keeps getting better for me. Anything I should learn or react to this?

Posted Image

#7 usacomp2k3

usacomp2k3

HSS Elite

• Members
    • 1,401 posts
    • LocationKissimmee, FL

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

Maybe itnore it for 24 hours and see if it comes back.
    HP MediaSmart ex470 + 2GB RAM 2+1.5+.5 = 4TB

#8 ikon

ikon

HSS Elite Master

• Donating Member
    • 14,241 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

yeah, wait for a day. It could be the ddns server was unavailable at the moment whs tried to contact it.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#9 Joshua B

Joshua B

HSS Star

• Members
    • 50 posts
    • LocationNew England

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

It looks like it was a failed drive all along. I pulled all the drives and checked them on a Windows 7 machine. As soon as I plugged in one of the drives and booted from the Windows 7 box, I got an immanent drive failure message. I put the drive back into the WHS box, then within the Console, removed it from pool. It took quite a while, but it looks like my missing data is back and the error messages are gone. I am hoping to have WD replace the drive as it's under warranty.

#10 ImTheTypeOfGuy

ImTheTypeOfGuy

HSS Master

• Donating Member
    • 2,429 posts
    • LocationhOUston

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:35 AM

So there has been a lot of discussion about drive problems of late. Is there a light weight program that can be installed on v1 to test the drive status. As in more testing than what v1 or Home Server Smart offers.

For instance, I have a drive that shows the warnings below.

Spin Retry Count Value is 100, which is the worst. So the status shows Degraded.
    Temperature Value is 45 and the status shows Caution.

Another has

Reallocated Sectors Count Value is 100, which is the worst. So the status shows Degraded.
    Temperature Value is 47 and the status shows Caution.

Are these anything to worry about? Should I change the drives out now?
    ITTOG

- WHS V1: Dell XPS 420; Quad Core @ 2.66 GHz; 4 GB RAM
    - S2008R2: Lian Li PC-A70F, EVGA X58 3X SLI, i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz; 12 GB RAM, 2 x 250 GB WD Black Caviar in IcyDock Enclosure with Raid 1, EVGA GeForce GT 240, 12TB RAID5
    - HTPC: Silverstone Lascala, Gigabyte GA-H55-USB3, i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz, 4 GB Ram, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 12TB RAID5
    - Personal Desktop: Lian Li PC-9F, ASUS Sabertooth P67, i7 2600k @ 4.1 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 x 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD's in Raid 0, EVGA GTX580
    - Kids Desktop: Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 560, 3.6GHz, 2 GB RAM - Lets not forget this beauty!
    - Other Devices: iPad, Boxee Box, XBox's, PS3, Wii, and HP TouchPad

Skins By Invisioneers