Fan Control for small fan
Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:51 PM
The Motherboard has auto fan control for the CPU, but nothing for the case. What is the simpliest/cheapest way to slow it down...
Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:23 PM
Office PC - Intel Core i7-3930K, ASUS Sabertooth X79, G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB, 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 680 (SLI), Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD, Corsair AX1200, Lian-Li PC-6FNWX
WHS - Intel S3210SHLC, Intel X3360, 8GB DDR2 ECC, Intel RS2WC080 RAID, OCZ Vertex 2 SSD (OS), WD RE4-GP x 6 RAID 5 (Data), Intel SSD 320 80GB x 2 (Cache)
HTPC - Intel Core i3-2120T, Intel DH67CFB3, 4GB Kingston DDR3, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB 2.5" Hybrid, Silverstone LC-19
Hyper-V - Intel X3470, Intel S3420GPLC, 32GB Kinston ECC, Intel RS2WC080 RAID, OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB SSD (OS), WD RE4 2TB x 4 (VHD)
Sophos UTM | EnGenius EAP600 | MacBook Pro Retina late-2013 | Nokia Lumia 900
Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:19 PM
I'll 2nd the Scythe fans. I chose one for my HTPC because it is super quiet.
Consider just replacing the fan. I've had good luck with Scythe products as they come in all kinds of sizes and CFM/db combinations. I have an ITX case that sounds similar to yours. I replaced the case fan with this Scythe unit and have been very happy...
- Rich's Random Podcast Generator - co-hosts Rich O'Neil & Jim Collison
- Desktop PC - i7-2600K | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Hot-Swap Cage | Seasonic x650 Gold | Lian Li K60B |
- MSS2011 - HP MSS EX495 running WHS 2011. OS drive = Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD 240GB | Storage = Seagate 4TB + WD Red 4TB
- Test PC 1 - I7-2600 | Gigabyte Z68MX-UDH2-B3
- Test PC 2 - Q9550 | Gigabyte EP45T-USB3 | Lian Li KB60B
- Cable-free Living Room - Logitech Harmony One controlling ATV3, Polk Audio, and LCD TV