Fan Control for small fan
Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:51 PM
The Motherboard has auto fan control for the CPU, but nothing for the case. What is the simpliest/cheapest way to slow it down...
Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:23 PM
WHS - Intel S3210SHLC, Intel X3060, 8GB DDR2 ECC, Intel RS2WC080 RAID, WD5000BEVT 500GB (OS), WD RE4-GP x 4 RAID 1 (Data)
HTPC - Intel Core i3-2120T, Intel DH67CFB3, 4GB Kingston DDR3, Seagate Momentus XT 500GB 2.5" Hybrid, Silverstone LC-19
Hyper-V - Intel X3470, Intel S3420GPLC, 32GB Kinston ECC, LSI MegaRAID 9240-4i, OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB SSD (OS), WD RE4 500GB x 4 (VHD), WD EARS 2TB (ISO Storage and Backups)
Linksys E3200 | D-Link DGS-2208 | Samsung Focus (AT&T)
Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:19 PM
I'll 2nd the Scythe fans. I chose one for my HTPC because it is super quiet.
Consider just replacing the fan. I've had good luck with Scythe products as they come in all kinds of sizes and CFM/db combinations. I have an ITX case that sounds similar to yours. I replaced the case fan with this Scythe unit and have been very happy...
- Rich's Random Podcast Generator - co-hosts Rich O'Neil & Jim Collison
- Desktop PC - i7-2600K | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Hot-Swap Cage | Seasonic x650 Gold | Lian Li K60B |
- MSS2011 - HP MSS EX495 running WHS 2011. OS drive = Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD 240GB | Storage = Seagate 4TB + WD Red 4TB
- Test PC 1 - I7-2600 | Gigabyte Z68MX-UDH2-B3
- Test PC 2 - Q9550 | Gigabyte EP45T-USB3 | Lian Li KB60B
- Cable-free Living Room - Logitech Harmony One controlling ATV3, Polk Audio, and LCD TV