It works and the install was relatively easy. I installed Windows 10 Pro x64 on HPE ProLiant ML30 Gen9
I used iLO4 to remote into the ML30 Gen9 and began to install Windows 10 Pro x64 manually (i.e. without using IP) in the following general steps:
Since I had just recently done steps 1-6 not long ago I skipped down and began with Step 5 then skipped to 7 thru 16 below.
- Download Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) from Hewlett Packard Enterprise Support Center – Drivers & Software – the current version is 2016.10.0 (24 Oct 2016) – check also threads about SPP at HSS Forum MS Gen8
- Load the SPP ISO in “virtual drives” in remote desktop of iLO4
- Boot the ML30 Gen9 – with no drives in the ML30 Gen9 in my case – and let SPP run automatically and update all firmware.
- Shut down the ML30 Gen9
- Next: I removed the Samsung 840 Pro 256GB that I had loaded Server 2016 on (giving me the flexibility to switch OS’s by switching SSD’s in the ML30 Gen9) and loaded another Samsung 840 Pro 256GB into drive 1 of the Icy Dock ToughArmor MB994SP-4SB-1
- Go to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Support Center – Drivers & Software – and download the file cp028631.exe that is the Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller Driver for 64-bit Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016 Editions (This is the same driver I plan to use for a manual installation of Windows 10 64-bit Pro in the ML30 Gen9 – the HPE Drivers & Software site does not have Drivers & Software for non-server OS’s) – the current version is 188.8.131.52 (24 Oct 2016)
- Extract the files in cp028631.exe and load those into a file folder that I then attach/load in “virtual drives” of remote desktop of iLO4 (during Windows install this will be the folder I browse to so that Windows 10 can pull in the driver and see the Samsung 840 Pro
- Load the Windows 10 Pro x64 ISO in “virtual drives” of remote desktop of iLO4
- Boot the ML30 Gen9
- During boot go into IP (press F10) and select SSA (Smart Storage Administrator)
- In SSA I set up the Samsung 840 Pro as a single drive RAID0 to be used as my OS drive.
- Exit SSA & IP and Restart the ML30 Gen9
- Proceed with the normal Windows 10 Pro x64 install – During install Windows 10 will ask for location of drivers so it can see the drive(s) – in browse lead it to the location to the file folder of B140i driver(s) in the “virtual drives” C: -- if your OS drive had been previously formatted as MBR you will have to delete that so it can be formatted as GPT.
- After Windows 10 is installed and updated – reattach SPP ISO in remote desktop of iLO4
- In the Windows desktop go to the SPP ISO in File Explorer and Execute the Batch file for HPSUM (i.e. execute: launch_hpsum.bat as Administrator) – I chose “Localhost Guided Update” – Automatic Mode
- After running HPSUM (and rebooting) the HPE software installed will be visible in iLO4. Enjoy!
Edited by Joe_Miner, 18 March 2017 - 09:22 PM.