After the installation of the ToughArmor MB994SP-4SB-1 I used iLO4 to remote into my ML30 Gen9 and began to install Windows Server 2016 manually (i.e. without using IP) http://homeserversho...ml30-gen9.html
I updated the Firmware with SPP then installed S2016 then updated the drivers with HPSUM.
Updating Firmware, installing Windows Server 2016, Updating Drivers
I used iLO4 to remote into my ML30 Gen9 and began to install Windows Server 2016 manually (i.e. without using IP) in the following general steps:
- Download Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) from Hewlett Packard Enterprise Support Center – Drivers & Software – the current version is 2016.10.0 (24 Oct 2016) – check also treads about SPP at HSS Forum MS Gen8
- Load the SPP ISO in remote desktop of iLO4
- Boot the ML30 Gen9 – with no drives in the ML30 Gen9 in my case – and let SPP run automatically and update all firmware
- Shut down the ML30 Gen9
- Next: I loaded the Samsung 840 Pro 256GB into drive 1 of the Icy Dock ToughArmor MB994SP-4SB-1
- Go to the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Support Center – Drivers & Software – and download the file cp028631.exe that is the Dynamic Smart Array B140i Controller Driver for 64-bit Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016 Editions (This is the same driver I plan to use for a manual installation of Windows 10 64-bit Pro sometime later in the ML30 Gen9) – the current version is 184.108.40.206 (24 Oct 2016)
- Extract the files in cp028631.exe and load those into a file folder that I then attach/load in remote desktop of iLO4 (during Windows install this will be the folder I browse to so that Windows can pull in the driver and see the Samsung 840 Pro
- Load the Windows Server 2016 ISO in remote desktop of iLO4
- Boot the ML30 Gen9
- During boot go into IP and select SSA (Smart Storage Administrator)
- In SSA I set up the Samsung 840 Pro as a single drive RAID0 to be used as my OS drive
- Exit SSA & IP and Restart the ML30 Gen9
- Proceed with the normal Windows install
- After Windows is installed and updated – reattach SPP ISO in remote desktop of iLO4
- In the Windows desktop go to the SPP ISO in File Explorer and Execute the Batch file for HPSUM – I chose the automatic update
- After running HPSUM (and rebooting) the HPE software shown in Figure above was installed. Enjoy!
Edited by Joe_Miner, 17 March 2017 - 03:47 PM.