Dave

Forums Upgrade - Heads Up

38 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Trig0r said:

Change your OS, Windows 10 Creator has a night mode...

Easier for Dave if you change your OS rather than him messing with the forums lol

Maybe, but that doesn't affect EVERYTHING.   Specifically, it has zero affect on programs like Outlook, and has zero affect one web sites.  

"night mode" isn't some magic pill that fixes everything. It just changes the warmth of the monitor, and ... not that much, even.  The bright white stuff still can be painfully bright.  

I have a dark theme that I'm going to look at.  Looks like I would use it 24/7 and end users could change it at will.  

1 person likes this

Fantastic!

We got adverts now then?

Those should now be OFF if you are logged in. Apologies as I'm working on several skins in the background.

Wasn't a complaint chap, didnt find them too intrusive tbh

As an idea, can you have different levels of ads?

Say users that are logged in get more than users that are, then users that are logged in get non at all on mobile devices?

Posted (edited)

I hope I am here at correct thread.

I receive after the forum upgrade for every post of a thread I follow an email which is annoying.

I tried to disable the setting under my profile under Someone comments on something I follow but there is written that this option is disabled by an administrator.

Please let the user choose which announcements are send. I will visit the forum when I have time and do not want to be spammed by every new post in a thread I follow. Thank you very much!

Edited by Balrog

Hey there, this is the perfect place to bring that up.  There are so many settings that it's mind boggling!  I don't know if there is anything wrong unless you guys say something.  So, having said all that, I think I found this setting. Can you check again and see if you can change the setting or not? Tell me if you can't. Maybe screen cap it! 

Thanks for posting here.

Dave

2 people like this

I had that problem as well after the upgrade but my problem was with Tapatalk sending them and had to change the settings there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 26.4.2017 at 3:13 AM, Dave said:

Hey there, this is the perfect place to bring that up.  There are so many settings that it's mind boggling!  I don't know if there is anything wrong unless you guys say something.  So, having said all that, I think I found this setting. Can you check again and see if you can change the setting or not? Tell me if you can't. Maybe screen cap it! 

Thanks for posting here.

Dave

Hi Dave! Thank you very much! Now the notification settings are adjustable and I am able to deactivate the notification mail. :-)

Come on, you don't want notifications all day long?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 person likes this