Hi there, this is my first post but I've lurked here before and I think this site is great. That said I have a problem and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot is.
- ML10v2 b120i software RAID used with:
- Array A 1 Logical drive in RAID 0 - this is one SSD, Samsung 850
- Array B 1 Logical drive in RAID 1+0 - this is a set of 4 WD Reds
- Runs Windows 10 professional as a Steam in-home streaming server and 'Nas'
- Arrays are detected as two "HP LOGICAL VOLUME SCSI Disk device" by Windows
This system ran fine for a couple of months but since a month it has been causing problems:
- Windows slows down to a crawl and becomes unresponsive
- SDD usage is 100%
- Seems to happen randomly
- chkdsk on the drive, everything fine
- Windows event logs don't mention anything regarding defective drives, neither does disk management
- Disk usage is 100% although there is no process causing this and nothing is being written or read according to Windows
- ILO will sometimes say "Internal Storage Enclosure Device Failure (Bay 5, Box 0, Port 5I, Slot 0)" (this is the SSD)
- ILO will sometimes say this Logical drive has failed, so not the physical drive
- Ran HP SSA offline and ran diagnostics. Nothing. Currently it says everything is fine
I just can't pinpoint the location of the failure, does anybody have an idea what's going on here?
Edited by oophe, 11 March 2017 - 05:11 AM.