axoid

Any interest in a couple of idea's I'm working

9 posts in this topic

I have a couple of utility programs that I’m working on and I’m wondering if there is enough interest for me to make them full V1 add-ins.

The first is Automatic Scheduled File Delete. It will monitor a specified folder(s) and once a day deletes any file that is older than a specified number of days.

The second is a trans-coding tool. It will use Handbrake’s command line version to do the trans-coding. Just copy the original video file to the specified folder and app will launch handbrakecli to trans-code to a different specified folder. Just configure the in folder, out folder and the handbrake compression settings.

Let me know what you guys think.

Bill Rockhold

I always hate to delete data but an add-in that would gather that data and move it to a folder you create, say a designated Archive Folder would be great. We use a product at work called Folder Sizes. it has a ton of features but also a nice price tag.

Or at least put them into a .zip file to save space. Or maybe move to a unduplicated location.

I think they both sound like fantastic ideas. Like the duplicate file finder add-in i was discussing not long ago people will find a use for the delete utility. I can already think of one for myself.

As for a transcoding tool that's a no brainer! Very popular stuff. I would like to try it and have it monitor a folder or multiple folders and place the transcoded file in yet another folder. That would be awesome.

Thanks for your time. I hope to see these produced into add-ins!

Sounds good. I'd love to try and be willing to help offset some costs....to a point :lol:

I would love to see a Handbrake addin for WHS... awesome idea!

as far as the handbrake option goes, when I transcode, I am usually doing this on discs with multiple shows on them that I want transcoded and named. For example, this usually happens with TV shows, and I'll have 4 shows per disc, and they all need to be named properly.

Right now I do it manually, and usually use a separate pc just for the transcoding.

One other option would be to transcode mpeg2 .wtv files to mpeg4 to save space. That would be great. Or also to take a 16:9 720p/1080i video and crop it to 4:3 480p.