Any interest in a couple of idea's I'm working
Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:52 PM
The first is Automatic Scheduled File Delete. It will monitor a specified folder(s) and once a day deletes any file that is older than a specified number of days.
The second is a trans-coding tool. It will use Handbrake’s command line version to do the trans-coding. Just copy the original video file to the specified folder and app will launch handbrakecli to trans-code to a different specified folder. Just configure the in folder, out folder and the handbrake compression settings.
Let me know what you guys think.
HP EX490(E5700 CPU & 2Gb) w/ 5 drive SATA enclosure, WHS v.1
DIY Build (E5800 CPU & 4Gb), WHS 2011 w/Drive Pool.
Acer Icona W700 tablet, HP DV7 laptop, DIY Desktop (AMD 965 Black & 8gb)
Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:37 PM
Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:41 PM
Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:35 PM
As for a transcoding tool that's a no brainer! Very popular stuff. I would like to try it and have it monitor a folder or multiple folders and place the transcoded file in yet another folder. That would be awesome.
Thanks for your time. I hope to see these produced into add-ins!
Windows Home Server MVP 2009 - 2013 Surface MVP - 2014
Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:41 PM
Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:09 PM
- Rich's Random Podcast Generator - co-hosts Rich O'Neil & Jim Collison
- Desktop PC - i7-2600K | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Hot-Swap Cage | Seasonic x650 Gold | Lian Li K60B |
- MSS2011 - HP MSS EX495 running WHS 2011. OS drive = Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD 240GB | Storage = Seagate 4TB + WD Red 4TB
- Test PC 1 - I7-2600 | Gigabyte Z68MX-UDH2-B3
- Test PC 2 - Q9550 | Gigabyte EP45T-USB3 | Lian Li KB60B
- Cable-free Living Room - Logitech Harmony One controlling ATV3, Polk Audio, and LCD TV
Posted 30 November 2010 - 09:32 AM
Right now I do it manually, and usually use a separate pc just for the transcoding.
Video (12 seconds)
Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:24 AM