•  

• Photo

Beginning Developers "Summit"

• Please log in to reply
    7 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever considered learning about developing an addin? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to learn about developing an addin?

1. Yes (9 votes [47.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.37%

2. Maybe, depending on level of difficulty (7 votes [36.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

3. Maybe, if it was an interactive hands on learning experience. (2 votes [10.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

4. No (1 votes [5.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TheWiz

TheWiz

HSS Member

• Members
    • 43 posts
    • LocationUS

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hey community!

After hearing some feedback and potential interst, I have agreed to start a developers learning forum on the Home Server Show. I really want it to be aimed at what you want to learn and accomplish, so I'd appreciate your feedback and participation in the pool.

Thanks,
    Christian

#2 diehard

diehard

HSS Elite

• Moderators
    • 1,632 posts
    • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:33 AM

As an incentive to join a scheduled Windows Live Meeting and you show some WHS add-in development, I will be giving away to 1 lucky person a copy of Windows Home Server.

So please show you interest here by letting us know if you can participate. I'm hoping to schedule a Live Meeting during the first two weeks of December. We will try to have a 1/2 to 1 hour session. You will have to prepare by installing Windows Live Meeting on your PC and I will setup a test email to join for a few minutes so you can test that your connected and leave feedback here.

We will setup a poll here in the next day or 2.

What do you think ?

EX470 modified BIOS BE-2300 CPU 4Gig ram, 4 2TB HDD. DX4000 with 4 2TB HDD Storage Server2008 R2 Essentials.
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Home Server

#3 i-bystander

i-bystander

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 167 posts
    • Location60107

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

When's the live meeting tentatively scheduled? I haven't used Live meeting in a while, but Skype or TeamViewer works too...

#4 cskenney

cskenney

HSS Elite

• Administrators
    • 1,528 posts
    • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:56 PM

Interested but I work a full time job during the week so I would need to know when you plan to have the Live Meeting.
    WHS - HP EX485 MediaSmart Server Intel Celeron 2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB system drive, 2 x 2 TB storage drive

#5 diehard

diehard

HSS Elite

• Moderators
    • 1,632 posts
    • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

I spoke to Christian tonight and we were thinking on the weekend of Dec 18th or 19th, so let's consider those dates and a time.

I'll send out a Live Meeting request to those that want to participate on December 4th if we get enough participants. The email will supply you with the link to download the Live Meeting app and a link to a meeting request to test that you can connect.

EX470 modified BIOS BE-2300 CPU 4Gig ram, 4 2TB HDD. DX4000 with 4 2TB HDD Storage Server2008 R2 Essentials.

#6 tbowland

tbowland

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 100 posts
    • LocationSalt Spring Island, BC Canada

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

I'm in .....
    When you send out the link is it from this list of responses or is there a formal place to sign up?

Looking forward to it.
    It's on my calendar Dec 18....hope you can firm this up ASAP

Ted
    tbowland

#7 TheGuy

TheGuy

HSS Pro

• Donating Member
    • 198 posts
    • LocationCanada

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

Folks,

You will need to let us know what we will need to start up with. in my case I have a copy of "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010" and I believe that I have all of the components required... but let us know what we should have and where to get it from.

Beside that, I look forward to the class.

thank you

TheGuy

#8 diehard

diehard

HSS Elite

• Moderators
    • 1,632 posts
    • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

Here's some info to getting started. http://forum.wegotse...ment-resources/

Skins By Invisioneers