Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
say170

ML10 Gen9 woes - on the verge of sending it back...

4 posts in this topic

I've decided to upgrade my N36L to a ML10 Gen9.

So far, I've had no end of woes....

I took the old 250gb N36L drive out.  The ML10 wouldn't see it.  Then after a lot of searching worked out I had to enable CSM support...

All was well, or so I thought,,, 

My WHS2011 install booted which was great - until I got to the "Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to log on" prompt.

I hit that key combination and... the machine rebooted.  It's almost like the BIOS is trapping that combo and rebooting the machine.

The I put in a different HDD and booted off the WHS2011 CD.  When I get to the install screen, my keyboard doesn't work so I can't select install.

So... I booted a Windows 10 CD (latest) with a different drive in.  That gets to 1% on the second stage of install and then hangs the machine completely.

Have a got a duffer, or can anyone offer some advice.... 

Edited by say170

OK, for the benefit of others ..

get a copy of all the drivers you need.  

These are the important ones:

Intel_USB_3.0_xHC_Driver_Skylake_MR6_PV_4.0.6.60 - this is the one to get the mouse & keyboard working.

SP73237

and one just titled SetupChipset - which is the one from the driver page.  

Once these are installed, all the missing drivers are cleared.  Note - I 'did' have a Pro1000 CT card in the old server so this probably helped driver wise....

Edited by say170

curious, one usually takes kb and mouse for granted. of all the servers and server os installs I have done over the past years I have never had to use an additional driver during the install. I admit I needed a firmware upgrade for n54l but no driver disk. 

pleased that you were able to figure it out and thanks for sharing the resolution. perhaps there is a pinned thread that could be put into

for future reference to everyone, this is going to be a common issue with all new USB 3.0 chipsets and older windows installations. anyting prior to server 2012 or windows 8.1 doesn't have built in drivers for USB 3.0 chipsets. I have run into this a few times on newer systems with windows 7 installs