#1 HSS-Dave

HSS-Dave

Founder

• Administrators
    • 2,735 posts
    • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Big news from eero today.

Overnight, eero customers will see up to 2x the speed within their network, far greater intelligence in how their network adapts to their home, and flexibility to add even more eeros to their system.

If you have eero you should check your app to see if an update is ready for your network. Take care that you don't upgrade during a time that you need your wi-fi as it will go offline while updating.  Eero's servers were busy this morning and I experienced a longer than usual wait to download a firmware.  All my units are on 2.0 and I'm going to test the new system in router mode this week as well.  Now, just waiting on an app update as well as the new Alexa Skill to be added.

Source:  Eero - https://blog.eero.co...16e4#.or25juwaz

HSS Forums - Read Me First Post (Updated)

Listen to RESET Podcast. http://mccabe.io

#2 HSS-Dave

HSS-Dave

Founder

• Administrators
    • 2,735 posts
    • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

You know you can push it to your home network from work right?   As for the app update, it will be coming next week.  Both Android and iOS.

The new app will allow you to see what devices are hogging the bandwidth as well as a way to see what eero each device is connected to.  The best feature, IMO, the ability to turn off the LED! Woohoo....

#3 JoseROrtiz

JoseROrtiz

HSS Pro

• Members
    • 190 posts
    • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 November 2016 - 08:02 PM

Still waiting on the app update. Will re-run my network tests once its out to see if that performance boost is actually seen in real-world.

#4 jomobco

jomobco

HSS Star

• Donating Member
    • 78 posts
    • LocationDenver

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

Still waiting on the app update. Will re-run my network tests once its out to see if that performance boost is actually seen in real-world.

App is updated.  I am very impressed with 2.0 and the new app features are nice.  

#5 whsbuss

whsbuss

HSS Star

• Members
    • 87 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 12:48 PM

Any updates from you all who have this new update? I returned the Google wifi b/c of bridge mode and I am looking at eero.

Edited by whsbuss, 13 December 2016 - 12:49 PM.

#6 HSS-Dave

HSS-Dave

Founder

• Administrators
    • 2,735 posts
    • LocationIndiana

Posted 13 December 2016 - 02:17 PM

My eero setup has been better than ever with 2.0.  That and I blew the network away and re-installed it AP by AP.  I have no complaints now but did have an issue that has now resolved itself.  I have yet to use the system to it's upmost potential as I'm still in AP mode.  I think I'm going to test the Orbi kit I have and then put eero in router mode after.  The new app is handy though.  I like being able to turn the LED off on my bedroom eero.  It also displays a lot more info.

• whsbuss likes this

#7 jomobco

jomobco

HSS Star

• Donating Member
    • 78 posts
    • LocationDenver

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:56 PM

2.1 is now out.  The improvement with v2.0 in performance is outstanding in my opinion. 

#8 awraynor

awraynor

HSS Elite

• Donating Member
    • 1,930 posts
    • LocationSpartanburg, S.C.

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:31 PM

I was having frequent disconnects with Alexa and Ooma on 2.0. Appears to be better with 2.1

Skins By Invisioneers