Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bagsmash3r

ML10 v2 SATA cable

4 posts in this topic

So i bought a ML10 v2 a few days ago on newegg. Got the Xeon E3-1220 v3 version. I like it so far. I also grabbed 3x 2Tb SAS drives off amazon. I have an Adaptec 3405/128mb sas controller that i liberated from another machine i have. My question is will the stock cable work work with the sas drives? The one with the mini sas -> 4 sata connectors. I was hoping only because it has power on it vs running a couple of molex splitters. i grabbed this from amazon just in case https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013G4FC2W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

Hey bagsmash3r, I'm curious if you ever got this to work.  I'm also wanting to use SAS drives in my ML10 v2.  I have an HP P410i installed, but to use something like the cable you linked to, I'll need 4 molex power connections, and there are only 2 available on the stock cables.  Any advice?

jazzmonk, i ended up getting 2 molex y splitters from my local pc shop for a few bucks each. heres a link to something similar on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Molex-Power-Supply-Splitter/dp/B001PI9AAC/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483943371&sr=1-7&keywords=molex+splitter i didnt bother with even seeing if the stock sata cable would work and went with the one i linked on amazon in the above post. all works fine.

The cable works fine with P410 raid card and ibm sas drives. BTW the 15k rpm drive is unexpectly loud, so i turn back to WD purple. Hope that helps

Edited by abotay