itGeeks

New Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE v1.5 Now Supports Email Notifications.

5 posts in this topic

I have been using Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE since I first learned about it and I must say I love it but it was lacking things like Email notification, Well the wait is over. See below for all the great new things v1.5 brings to the table. https://www.veeam.com/endpoint-backup-free.html

What’s New in Version 1.5

Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE 1.5 delivers all-new functionality to give you faster backup performance, greater visibility and control over backup job progress and schedules, and it even helps isolate your PC and laptop backups from malware attacks.

Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE 1.5 includes:

• CryptoLocker protection for USB Storage: Protect USB-based storage targets from potential CryptoLocker threats by automatically ejecting them after a successful job run
  • Email notifications: Configure email notifications by typing only your email address, keeping you connected to your laptop backup history without the need to open the Control Panel
  • New scheduling options: Meet any custom endpoint backup scenario by setting backup jobs to run on a specific day of the week. New logic can also identify when a scheduled backup is missed and starts an additional backup once the computer is powered on
  • Standalone full backup: Save standalone full backups to any location at any time via the UI
  • Backup engine tuning: Get faster file-level backup performance, better exclusion logic, and the experemental ability to skip bad blocks to ensure hardware or software problems do not affect PC and laptop backup jobs
  • And more!

1 person likes this

I tried to use VEEAM Endpoint Backup when it first came out and got frustrated. Boy! It has come a long way. That is one very impressive backup software. I see why you guys like it so much. Goodbye Acronis! Hello VEEAM! I have completed all my testing but it looks very promising.

I made a comment on the Acronis forum that I no longer trust them with my data. Mainly because every time I turn around they are having to fix something that should have been fixed a long time ago. Also, it let me down just recently and WHS 2011 had to come to it's rescue.

How are they able to make it free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea, hadn't really heard of them before a mate of mine went to work for them, he pointed me at their stuff...

I'm very impressed with Veeam Endpoint Backup. Acronis has never been able to fix putting the MSR partition first instead of before windows partition. I was able to customize disk mapping during restore and fix the MSR partition and put the WinRE Tools partition first where it belongs. When you create recovery media it installs all the needed drivers. Something Acronis has never been able to do. Partitions are rearranged without intervention and system boots correctly. THIS IS HOW COMPUTER BACKUP IS SUPPOSED TO BE! Oh, and it is supposed to load wireless drivers. Can't wait. All my systems will be converted. Now all I have to do is work on Cloud backup. I downloaded 2.0 Beta which has some Cloud features.Right now I'm still using Acronis Cloud.